Chapter 27

---Time lapse Three days---

I woke up next to Edward’s sleeping figure and smiled to myself. It had been three days since my last ‘class.’ He still have riddles all the time and I could keep up with the majority of them. The girls had started bringing me along on smaller of the jobs that they did. Riddler still didn’t like me going out without him but refused to do come if Ivy was there; so of course she always was. Everyone knew about the new villain couple that was Riddler and I, but we had yet to announce it to the public. Every now and then I’d think about how less than a week ago I was living with Bruce in a manor and was now in some abandoned plant. I was happy here, but I still missed Richard really bad. I laughed to myself for the fact that neither he nor Bruce would recognize me now. I would usually wear loose clothing around the house and when we went out it was all about the tight and fitted. It was so much easier to go around town in my shorts and halter that that became my ‘costume.’ When we were around the house Ed never used his cane, but I always had my wooden one. Everyone knew that I treasured it just as much as I did my knife.

The house had gotten quieter recently because Penguin, along with Croc, Bane, and Freeze, had moved out to find their own places. Penguin was the only who had gotten caught and returned to Arkham.

I sat up and tried to ease my way off the bed when an arm shot out around my waist and brought me all the way against what was supposed to be a sleeping body.

“Trying to leave me?” he muttered in my ear.

“Of course not.” I smiled down at him. “I just need to eat something eventually.”

“Hmm, you’ll have to wait a while.” He smiled sleepily.

“Hey, guess what?” I asked him and he shrugged. I loved him when he was half asleep. He hardly ever paid attention to anything that was said.

“You love me right?”

“Yes.” He replied.

“And I love you.”

“Yes.”

“And I’m smarter than you right?”

“Yes.” He said sleepily. I smiled as I brought out the recording device that had been on the whole time. I clicked the stop record button and started laughing to myself.

“What’s so funny?” he asked me still not all the way awake.

“Nothing.” I smiled at him. “I’m going to go make some breakfast okay?”

“Mhmm.” He muttered before going completely back to bed. I shook my head; I was never letting him live this down. I changed into a long sleeved grey cut-off shirt and kept on my big black fuzzy pajama pants. I had worn a black t-shirt to sleep and was not going to wear that outside of this room. I stepped outside to see Harley by the coffee pot.

“That’s the last thing you need in the morning.” I called out to her. She turned around and smiled at me. All of us girls were close; even Ivy and I got along well. She and Edward still didn’t work so well together but that was expected.