Chapter twenty one

---Scarecrow’s POV---

“Make it stop.” She whispered right before Harvey hit her over the head with the butt of his gun.

“Was. That. Necessary.” Edward seethed.

“Yes, she got me and I got her.” Harvey said satisfied. “Plus my coin said it just wasn’t her day.” He held up the scared side of his coin. I pulled my mask/bag off of my head and frowned down at the Riddler.

“What?” he asked me.

“You haven’t given a riddle in days.” I said plainly.

“Don’t jinx it now.” Ivy glared at me and tossed her hair. I rolled my eyes while Harley giggled and Joker laughed.

“What’s gotten in to you?” I asked him again.

“Don’t tell me! It’s Katty!” Harley squealed and Edward went red in the face causing Harvey and I to groan.

“Come on man.” Harvey said grabbing his shoulder. “You got her now so go back to being you.”

“Yes, it is quite perplexing.” Nigma said to himself. “I don’t feel right without a proper brain teaser.” He smiled to himself momentarily forgetting about the unconscious teenager in his lap. The van lurched to a stop and if I hadn’t been sitting across from him Katrina would have hit a window.

“BE CAREFUL WITH HER!” Harley was screeching.

“Calm down love.” Joker was laughing. “She’s perfectly fine.” And then he started laughing.

“Harley, Ivy, will you girls go grab her clothes and such from her house? And you might as well grab that knife of hers.” Edward said as we climbed out the van and onto the property of an old abandoned plant. With much groaning the girls got back in the truck and drove off. Somehow I ended up holding the sleeping girl and I looked down to see she was still crying.

“No!” she shouted and it appeared she was having some sort of attack. Her breathing was too uneven and I could feel her heartbeat was too fast; panic attack. I kneeled down to set her on the ground and whispered in her ear.

“Katrina love, calm down.” He body just started to shake more.

“Everywhere… they’re everywhere. That face.” She cried.

“Shh. It’s okay.” I rubbed her back while everyone stared at me. Edward had something in his eyes that almost resembled envy. Almost. I looked at her and I wrapped my arms around her; she did the same to me. I looked down at my wrist and saw why she was still dreaming; I accidently used over two doses on her.

“Get those doors open.” I said as I picked her up again and brought her inside. Joker made his way and happily knocked everything on the table to the floor.

“It usually doesn’t last this long.” Selina whispered to no one in particular.

“That’s because she has almost three doses in her.” I muttered.

“What the hell? I thought we WEREN’T killing her!” Riddler yelled and Selina growled.

“It was an accident! The device got stuck and I didn’t realize it till now!” I yelled back.

“Oh! What’s this!” Joker yelled as he picked up one of the vials on my lab table filled with nitroglycerine.

“Don’t! Do. Not. Drop. It.” I ground out.

“Drop it?” he called back playfully.

“NO!” everyone yelled just causing him to laugh.

“Selina, watch her.” I said as I walked over to my table and started looking for the antidote I had made a while back. I found it and ran back over to the girl sprawled out on our table. I moved her hair away from her arm and looked at Selina. She nodded and held Katrina down as I injected it straight into her blood stream. Now, this was going to hurt her pretty badly, but it would allow her to live. I took a step back and wiped away the sweat that had formed on my brow. When did I start sweating?