Chapter 34

This is dedicated to bridge2enigma for helping me write the toughest parts of this chapter. Your help is so greatly appreciated =)

Earlier that day Jonathan’s POV

I woke up and saw no sign of Edward Nigma. I didn’t really pay any mind to it but it was a little unsettling. It came noontime and that’s when the girls started to pester us about it.

“Where’s Eddie?” Harley would ask every five minutes.

“Edward Nigma, you better hurry up.” Ivy even started to growl. It wasn’t too much longer before Selina was hissing and the girls rounded on me.

“Where is he?” Selina hissed in my ear.

“He’s supposed to be working.” I glared. “You three will only cause him problems.” I said and that satisfied them for about two hours.

“Take us to him right now.” Ivy growled at me around six thirty that night.

“If he’s not already left he’s going to be in the medical ward.” I sighed as we all got there in the bank car. Upon pulling up I knew that he never left. The door was wide open and I could see him on the ground. “Shit.” I hissed as got out of the car and ran inside. There was a syringe left behind and I could tell that it was some sort of sleeping drug.

“Eddie! NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO TAKE A NAP!” Harley was yelling at him.

“Harley, he’s unconscious, and not by his own doing.” I muttered as I leaned down and slapped him across the face.

“What’s going on?” he woke up holding his cheek. “What are you doing?”

“What happened?” Selina hissed looking around, twitching her whip.

“Robin… well he’s not Robin anymore… he came in here asking where Kat was and then injected me.”

“Do you know where she is?” Ivy raised her eyebrow.

“No.” he said flatly. “But it’s okay, because I have another day to figure it out.”

“No. No you don’t!” Harley cried. “Today was her second day!”

“No… no, that can’t be.” Edward’s face fell and he started talking to himself about possibilities and chances and cheating. I glared and whipped out my phone, calling the same number that called us yesterday.

“Hello.” Hush said blankly.

“Hush, give us one more day.” I growled into the phone.

“Ah, Scarecrow.” I heard him smile. “What happened to our dear Riddler?”

“He was drugged and we just found him.” I hissed back. “Give us one more day, or let one of us come.”

“You know what, I’m feeling generous.” He paused. “I’ll give you half a day. If you can’t find us by then I will let Zsasz have her. He’s really taken a liking to her.” Hush laughed before he hung up.

“Good news.” I frowned at everyone else. “Hush is giving us half a day more. Bad news, if we don’t get her, Zsasz does.” The room was silent and everyone grew serious. That’s when Ed’s face lit up.

“Call Katrina.” He said enthusiastically. “Don’t ask questions just do it!” I frowned and hit speed dial. Her phone started ringing and he typed something in on the computer across the room. My heart stopped when someone picked it up.

“Hello?” a creepy voice asked.

“Zsasz where is she?” I used my Scarecrow voice.

“Why Scarecrow! Long time no see. She’s fine… for now. She’s bleed- I mean breathing.” He laughed at me. I looked over at Edward and he gave me the thumbs up.