chapter 6

Easton's POV

I woke up before Daphne and went to the kitchen to make a PB'nJ sandwich. I had started eating it when I heard something fall in the living room.

"Ouch!" I heard Daphne yell then saw her come walking in to the kitchen rubbing her right arm.

"Your floor really hurts." She whined as she sat in a chair.

"So, umm, where's your mom?" She said looking around.

"She went to New York remember." I was covering my mouth with my hand because I was eating.

She was about to respond when we heard a car honk it's horn outside. "Well, that's my mom. See you on Monday!" She said as she took my sandwich and then walked to the door.

"Man, that was a good sandwich." I said and then laughed at the thought.

I walked into my bathroom, washed my face and brushed my teeth.

I read all day only stopping to use the bathroom and eat.

I checked the time and it said 10:09 I decided to take a shower. I pulled off my clothes and hopped in the water stream. I changed into my pajamas and fell asleep.

I woke up at six in the morning and really didn't feel like going to school, I walked downstairs, and called in sick. Well, now I have a free day. I don't know how to explain it but if feels like I'm hollow I have some experience with this feeling, I felt like this when my dad died. The numbness, the feeling like nothing is real, the emptiness.

I have to feel something, anything will do. It just has to make me feel. I pinched the back off my hand, nothing. I need to feel pain to know that I'm real, that I'm alive. I dug my nails in to my arm but I still felt nothing.

I remember seeing some other kids at school who had cuts on their wrists. I had over heard one of their conversations and they had said that, 'It helps me feel.' Mabey it would help me feel, its not like its something bad if it helps.

I walked down to the basement and found some boxcutters, I walked back up to me room and detached the razor. I set the razor on my wrist, I needed a released from the mental pain, the emptiness inside.

I slid the blade across my skin and was instantly satisfied, the emptiness inside of me was gone. The mental pain overrided by physical pain. I was alive after all. I had my proof that my heart was beating as I watched blood trickle down my hand.