chapter 7

Easton's POV

I washed the blood off and put the razor in my bookbag. I was walking down stairs when I heard my cell phone start to ring. It was coming from under the couch

I ran to get it.

"Hello?"

"Oh, hey, shouldn't you be in school?" My mom said on the other end of the line.

"Uh, I didnt feel good so I stayed home." I said lying quickly.

"Anyway, Aunt Ruth just had another heart attack. She wants me to stay with her."

"Oh well, thats cool. You should stay, be with her." I said now cleaning my living room.

"Okay, well, I love you." she said and I heard something moving around in the background.

"Love you too, bye!" I said and quickly hung up, before she could say anything else.

My mother and I have never really had a conversation, mostly just a small exchange of words or information that usually ends with 'I love you'. I do love her, I really do. But, I feel like there should be more meaning behind the words, ture emotion. Not just a sentence to be used.

I often times think of what goes on in my own head and if this is normal, to be expacted from a girl of my age.

I wonder if there are others who have had the same experience and who are going through what I'm going through.

I walked over and out the front door, not knoing where to go but needing the leave the four walls that bar me off from the outside world.

'Walk out and keep on walking' I repeatedly told myself. I walked until my legs were numb from the cold.I looked around and found myself at a park, something was familiar about it, the swings to far left, the sand box, the bench to the right.

I remember this place. I remember my dad pushing me on the swing, higher and higher, then though I was screaming and crying for him to stop and let me off. I thought that if I went any higher I would have gone flying and broken something or hit the ground and died.

Suddenly I felt rain but only on my face, wait its not raining, I'm crying. I wipe the tears off of my face and sit on the bench.

Remembering and crying, crying and remembering.