chapter 10

Easton POV

I woke up gasping for air, and sweeping my eyes around the room trying to find my surroundings. I looking at my clock and saw that it was 6:59. I walked out of the room and to the bathroom to take a shower. After I rinse the shampoo out of my hair, I wrap myself in a fluffy light blue towel and get changed. Yesterday was just a dream, right? That couldn't have possibly happened.

Just to be safe I try to sneak down stairs and see my mom sitting at the table drinking her morning coffee. Oh shit. yesterday wasn't a dream, or more like a nightmare than a dream. But, I clearly wasn't going to wake up.

"Are you ready?" She said without looking at me. She must have heard me coming out of the bathroom or coming down the stairs.

"Uh, y-yeah I g-guess I am." My voice is coming out really shaky.

She stands up puts her cup in the sink, gets her car keys and walks over to the front door.

"Let's go then." Her voice is trying to be kind and soft.

"O-okay." Damn, my voice it still shaky and unsure.

After driving for the better part of an hour we finally reach the office building that we were supposed to meet someone at. The building is huge and bright yellow.

As my mother parks the car I see a lot of children in what seems to be a play area or like a very small park my eyes stay glued to them as we walk to the giant crayon of a building.

As soon as we walk inside I am sucker punched with cold air.

I look to my right and see a room that just had a bunch of teenagers in it. All of the kids outside were laughing and playing. But in that room none of them except a few are even talking. They are all just standing leading against the wall starring at the floor or something that is not even there.

We are led up stairs and the walls are covered with artwork that seemed to have been done by five-year olds. I sit in a chair that is in the office and my mother is talking to some woman behind the desk. After about 2 hours of talking they turn to me.

"Now, Easton, would you like your saviour to be a male or a female?"

Why didn't she just say girl or boy? I say nothing in response. I just stare at her blankly.

"Male or female?" She says again.

"She doesn't speak very often." My mother says.

I pick up a note pad write 'female' on it and hand it back to her.

"Alright then female it is. Now, here at 'The Summer Saviour Program' we try to pare up kids saviours that are within a ten year age-gap. So from looking at your paperwork, I think that we have the perfect saviour for you. Her name is Dani Lampson. She lives in California, we will send you to her in 2 days time." She woman smiled at me but I didn't return it.

After a few more hours we went home and I began to pack my stuff. I fell in to my bed dreaming of blackness.

So, you should like vote.

Lovatic love,

Invisible