chapter 22

Demi POV

I was pulling up to the park, and saw a group of boys all huddling around something.

As I drive closer, I could make out a figure of a girl. Wait, that's Easton!

"Oh thank God she's okay." I whispered in a relieved voice. "I'm gonna KILL her." I spat through my clenched teeth at normal volume.

I drive through the winding road until I got close enough that I could see her face.

The moment we made eye contact she went white as a sheet.

There was a boy walking up to her and she turned to him and spoke something inaudible.

He answered and wrote something down on her hand.

I pulled in and stopped next to them.

"Easton. Get. In. The. Car. NOW!" I was clenching my teeth so hard, it was amazing they didn't break.

One boy pulled her into a big hug. She seemed very uncomfortable. Another boy who looked older, kissed her hand and then kissed both her cheeks. Wow, this guy must be her new boyfriend or something.

Her face was crimson. She climbed into the car and the boy followed us to the main road then waved is off.

"Just you fucking wait until we get home." I was trying to stay calm because of anything scared the shit out of kids, it's being completely calm.

She went 20 shades of white. I knew it would work.

Easton had not spoken a single word since I picked her up from the park. She kept her eyes on the dash board, I don't think she ever even blinked.

I locked the front door and turned to face the huge girl.

"Easton, why did you leave?" I was trying to keep myself from screaming all of the profanities that were building up in my head.

She kept silent.

"Easton!" I was getting fed up with the whole 'silent' thing.

She opened her mouth and mumbled something along the lines of, 'The boys wanted to know if I could get some ice cream with them. So I went.'

"Well you need to tell me if you want to go out with a group of boys that I'm pretty sure you didn't even know."

"I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking." She said calmly

I was surprised that she was talking responsibility for her actions. Usually, kids just blame it on someone or something else. I honestly didn't know what to say.

"Well... Okay...Um...give me your phone." I honestly didn't have one fucking clue on how to punish a 13 year old. Hell, I could barely tell Maddie to go to sleep at a certain time.

"I know that I have broken the already little trust that I have earned. I also understand that I will receive my phone back when I that I'm responsible enough from earn it back. I also won't complain about it. I'm sorry." She handed her phone over and I swear just by that my little plane of attack was blown up.

"Ugh, just... Go to your room. No don't go to the room... Um, just, uh... God I really didn't expect it to nearly that easy." I was at a complete loss of words.

"Do you even know what you are doing?" She asked.

"No, not even the slightest." I huffed.

"Do you want help or something?" She asked again.

"No, I don't. Yes." I have no fucking idea what I'm doing.

"Uh, what?" I was probably confusing the hell out of her.

"Just, um, go to, um, your room. And, uh don't, I'm dont come out unless I tell you to?" I seriously just told her what to do in the form of a question?

This is going to be a hard 6 months.