chapter 25

Easton POV

After that first drink I just couldn't stop. I finished the first bottle and I started on a second, then a third, then a fourth.

The alcohol burned as it sat in my stomach, I felt the familiar dizzy happiness take over my body.

I missed it. The detached feeling. The numbness.

"Easton! Ya ever smoked before?" One of the boys asked me.

"N-no." I slurred on account of my current alcohol level.

He tossed me a lighter. I almost didn't catch it.

I put a cigarette into my mouth and clumsily lit the end of it.

I pulled the smoke back into my lungs, it tasted slightly like mint. I coughed out the chemical soaked air.

"You'll get used to it." Another boy said pulling his joint and talking out the smoke.

I felt a strange seemed of calmness come over me, must be the nicotine kicking in.

I pulled in the cigarette again, trying to hold it in as long as possible.

We took a bunch of back roads until we ended up back at the park. I sat on the swing again, lightly dragging my feet.

I pulled out my phone and saw that it was almost midnight.

"Shit, I gotta get back before Demi wakes up." I say standing up and stumbling.

"Fine, be a prude. Go back to your little mommy." One of the boys said in a baby voice.

"Demi is not my mother!" I say a little too loud.

"What ever you say, prude."

"Ugh, Fuck you!" I said storming off.

Those boys are complete assholes. Why don't I realize that before? Ugh, I'm so stupid.

I follow the roads that we took to get to the park back to town and wander until I found myself back at Demi's apartment. I use what I had learned in gymnastics to climb to the window. I slid in and went running to the bathroom, I really needed to vomit.

I bent over the toilet and a large majority of the alcohol came up my esophagus, and in to the bowl.

I brushed my teeth and climbed into bed, not that I did much sleeping. I was tossing and turning, I'm probably just going to try and sleep of this hangover.

I lay in bed stiffly, wanting the ground to open up and swallow me whole.

=====================================

Sorry I lost my phone.

NEXT UPDATE: FRIDAY