London - Hogwarts

Dear readers,
I've written this book back in 2016 when I first joined WP but I'm publishing it only now ie 2018 because even if it's not perfect, I did take time & effort to write this :) so just want to put it out to the world to see...

***

"Another year in Hogwarts" Gwen grumbled as she heads to the ice cream parlor with Harry.

"You're the only person who isn't excited about it" Harry giggled.

"Yes, I ain't because there's no one to do my chores there and I hate school" she murmured as her eyes searched for the ice-cream flavor she wanted.

Harry Potter and Gwen Norrington shares the same neighborhood but Gwen didn't notice him until they were in Hogwarts and he was the chosen one. Harry had a crush on Gwen ever since he saw her for the first time but Gwen don't seem to notice that, she only seem to be interested in him because Harry is the boy who lived and everyone knows him.

"Are Ron and Hermione going to join us too?" Gwen asked as she licked her ice-cream.

"I guess not" Harry smiled scooping a spoon full of ice-cream.

"It's rare not seeing you three together, it's like the three of you are glued" Gwen said in a sarcastic tune.

"I guess so" Harry responded trying not to be rude. Harry knew that Gwen likes to speak her mind and she really don't care about anyone or anything but Harry doesn't get offended by her instead he finds her really honest about everything and love the attitude she has. As Gwen was busy licking her ice-cream Harry was staring at her, her long silky blonde hair and her baby blue eyes and that sweet smile of her's can melt even a frozen heart he thought.

"You're ice-cream is melting" Gwen raised a brow.

"Sorry, I was quite lost" Harry tried to act normal.

"You're always lost" Gwen said as she wiped her hands with a tissue. The way back home was silent and quiet, Gwen never talks if she didn't want to and harry didn't want to start a conversation as her mind seemed occupied and as they reached her door Gwen smiled and said "I'll see you tomorrow then".

"Sure" Harry nodded as he smiled back. It was rare to see Gwen smile or laugh, she barely laughed and Harry couldn't remember the last time he even saw her laughing.

***

The next day as they approached the station Ron and Hermione was already there waiting for them "look at the princess, letting Harry carry her luggages as always" Hermione muttered. Hermione wasn't a fan of Gwen, she seems to be very cold and rude and Hermione don't like the way she treats Harry and Ron more like a puppet than a friend. She can't understand why people are really interested in Gwen, she's beautiful and she's rich but without that she's nothing Hermione thought.

"Hi" Gwen forced a smile as she greeted Ron and Hermione not because she disliked them but cos she was not in the mood to join Hogwarts anytime soon.

"Hello" Hermione and Ron greeted her back with a warm smile unlike Gwen's forced smile.

Harry, Ron and Hermione had a group hug in which Gwen had no interest in. As they got into the train and it began to move the golden trio (Harry, Hermione & Ron) began to discuss about how they spend their holidays. Gwen didn't join in their conversation instead she was busy reading the book of spells, Gwen was a very powerful witch and she was professor Snape favorite student another reason why Hermione disliked her. Hermione wants to be the best in the field of spells but Gwen took the throne, Hermione couldn't get how a cold hearted person like Gwen was very good in all these. She might be the descendant of the dark lord Voldemort himself Hermione thought.

***

As they reached Hogwarts, Hagrid was all ready at the station welcoming everyone "Harry" he called in his loud voice as he hugged Harry tightly, he was always Hagrid's favorite.

"Hello! Humpty Dumpty" Gwen smirked a bit.

"Not changed a bit I see, miss Gwen" Hagrid raised his brows.

"Hagrid" Ron and Hermione squeaked as they hugged him tight.

As they made their way into Hogwarts, all the friends greeted each other. Lilly and Jill were already waiting for Gwen at the hallway Lilly and Jill were the other half of Gwen they were always around her like a magnet, they were like the mean girls re-born in Hogwarts "Gwen" they both squeaked as they hugged her tightly.

"Harry, Ron you can leave my luggages here Lilly and Jill will take them to my room" Gwen said as she walked towards professor Snape.

"Not even a thank you, what a meanie" Hermione said under her breath.

"Gwen, I'm glad to see you" professor Snape said.

"Me too professor, I can't wait for our training sessions" Gwen responded politely.

"Very well, I'll see you tomorrow" professor Snape murmured as he headed towards the great halls.

***

As everyone gathered and took their seats in the great hall professor Dumbledore welcomed all to a new year in Hogwarts and as the feast began Gwen was busy talking to Neville Longbottom about her holiday and Neville was listening to her without a question like his life depended on Gwen's topic.

"Look at him, he's listening to her like a statue" Hermione whispered to Ron.

"I don't know why you have a problem with her" Ron whispered back.

"And I don't know, why you guys can't see that she is a problem herself" Hermione grumbled.

"Shut it you two" Harry mumbled as he sipped his cup of water.

***

"Ginny, wake me up at dawn tomorrow" Gwen said as she sunk into her pillow, Ginny Weasley the younger sister of Ron Weasley. Gwen and Ginny have been roommates from the time Ginny joined Hogwarts. Gwen was a senior to Ginny and Ginny loved having Gwen as a roommate even though she's cold and mean most of the times Ginny knew who Gwen really was a kind soul, a part of her many didn't knew as she was always cold outside.

***

"Today is the day you all will be introduced to the griffin" Hagrid said as the class followed.

Lilly and Jill walked with Gwen while Ron, Harry and Hermione walked together as they reached the spot Draco Malfoy along with Gregory Goyle and Vincent Crabbe were already there examining the griffin. Lilly went and hugged Gregory, they were dating for almost a year now.

"It's a pleasure to see you again Gwen" Malfoy smirked as he stood besides her.

"I love what you did to your hair" Gwen smirked back as she looked at him. Gwen always had a thing for Malfoy maybe because of the way he is mysterious and dark. She was always attracted to bad boys and she blames the movies she watched for that, where the bad boys always had a good side that the world doesn't see maybe there is something in them that no one can resist or Gwen had a dark side of her own, that she doesn't even know about.