Griffin

Griffin was not any ordinary creature as it's upper body was that of an eagle and lower a lion, a legendary bird for the world but in Hogwarts all kinds of imaginary and legendary creatures do exist unknown and hidden from the modern world. "Such a beauty isn't it" Gwen said admiring the beauty of the magnificent creature.

"Yes, he is magnificent" Harry smiled.

"So who wants a ride?" Hagrid questioned as the whole class looked stunned, they were scared of the griffin he didn't look friendly.

"I will" Malfoy boasted proudly as he walked towards the creature but in an instant it flapped it's wings and Malfoy fell on the ground, everyone laughed at Malfoy as he looked at them furiously and walked towards his friends.

Three students tried their luck but in vain and now it was Harry's turn, he built up his confidence walked towards the griffin and slowly raised his hand upon the creature head and petted it and as it seemed comfortable enough he sat upon him slowly and in a matter of seconds the griffin spread out it's mighty wings and flew away, Harry soon found himself flying on the sky. "Amazing" Gwen gasped as she looked up at him disappearing at a distant.

"I can fly that too" Ron bossed as he came and stood next to Gwen.

"Go away" Vincent pushed Ron to the side.

"Stop it you guys" Hermione interrupted as she stood between the two.

Gwen was paying no attention to them she was only waiting for her turn to fly until Harry returned and Hagrid postponed the flying lessons the next day since Henry took a lot of time flying. "I can't belief, I didn't get a chance" Gwen grumbled as she headed towards professor Snape class.

"Tomorrow you will do great when your time comes" Jill cheered Gwen as they climbed the flight of stairs.

"No one does it better than you" Lilly boosted her confidence more.

"My darlings, you know best" Gwen chuckled as they entered professor Snape class. Gwen loved attention and compliments from people and Lilly and Jill knew how to do it best, they were always there to cheer her up because they idolise Gwen she was the role model for most of the ladies in Hogwarts and it's like almost all the guys have a thing for her, being her friend and being around her in Hogwarts was like being a celebrity.

***

As professor Snape class ended the students crowded the hallways, It was break time and everyone headed their own ways. The famous trio that was Gwen, Lilly and Jill headed towards the canteen where some girls complimented Gwen on their way which was not new to her and as they took their regular seat next to the fireplace, Cedric Diggory walked in. Cedric was the heartthrob of Hogwarts every lady had a crush on him except Gwen she finds him rather boring.

"It's Cedric" Jill gasped as she and Lilly looked at him like they were about to melt.

"Is the fire melting you or the Cedric boy" Gwen teased as she took a bite from her plate.

"Gwen it's nice to see you, after a long break" Cedric smiled as he walked upto their table.

"It's nice to see you too, golden boy" Gwen said as she took another bite.

"Care if I join?" Cedric asked.

"Please do" Jill and Lilly squeaked and then they looked at Gwen in an apologetic manner, they forgot they had no right to invite him but in excitement they blurted out.

"Sure" Gwen welcomed him with a smirk as the two ladies gave a sigh of relief knowing Gwen wasn't pissed, Harry and Ron were gazing at their table slyly wondering what Cedric was up to.

"When will you two stop obsessing about Gwen" Hermione growled.

"When will anyone" Ron said in a dreamy tune and then he gulped when he saw Hermione staring at him furiously.

***

After the break got over the class headed to the library for reading as they had some series of assignments to complete everyone got busy with their works. Gwen heard a familiar voice and it was none other than Harry "do you mind if I join you" Harry smiled as he sat next to Gwen.

"You already sat down, didn't you" Gwen lifted her brow as he looked at Harry.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean____" before Harry could finish his sentence Gwen stopped him.

"I needed to talk to you too" she murmured, Harry gave a sigh of relief, Gwen is just too complicated he thought "I want to know how you got on the griffin?" Gwen asked curiously.

"That I don't know, I just treated him as a friend I hope he liked it" Harry smiled.

"Thank you Harry, I'm going to use that trick and when my time comes tomorrow I'm going to top this" Gwen said as he eyes widen.

"I know you will" Harry smiled as they both got busy with their assignments.

****

As usual after dinner everyone headed to their bedrooms except for Gwen she decided to pay a little visit to Harry and Ron even though girls were not allowed in the boys dormitory late night "can I come in" she asked as she just walked in without permission, she didn't even care if they said no she was going to enter anyway.

"Sure you're welcome anytime" Ron got up and arranged his stuffs awkwardly.

"I've come here because I wanted to ask Harry about Tom riddle diary" Gwen sunk into the sofa.

"How did you know about that?" Harry questioned as he stood in front of the fireplace.

"I know everything Harry, now tell me where is it?" she looked at him.

"I gave it to professor Dumbledore" Harry looked at her in an unreadable expression.

"That's all I needed to know" Gwen gave a sigh of relief. The three of them talked about some events that happened in Harry's life and laughed away sharing some funny stories, having some popcorns and soda until Gwen got weary and went off to bed.

***

The next day the lesson with the griffin went rather well Gwen, Hermoine, Vincent and Neville were all able to fly the griffin but Neville was able to fly only after his third attempt. Neville spoke less and was weird but he was very intelligent and the bravest among them all and he never gives up, this was the reason why Gwen and Neville were alike and best buddies but many didn't know about their friendship and Neville do like spending quality time with Gwen as he feels important and proud when she talk to him around people because he can see the irritable faces of people who puts him down.