King Thranduil

Gwen has heard a lot about the king Thranduil, Legolas father. There was no other elven king who compared to Thranduil like there was no other eleven prince who compares to Legolas, like father like son every lips say that but Thranduil was quite different from his son Legolas he was more intelligent, patient and stiff. Gwen heard the Mirkwood King barely smiles and is always serious, everyone feared and respected him. It was the day of thranduil's return from Rivendell, Legolas left for his usual spider hunt. Everyone in the kingdom were busy preparing for the Kings arrival and also the feast that was approaching "hope you ladies are ready to welcome the king of Mirkwood" Aragorn smiled as he walked in.

"Yes, we are" Jill and Gwen smiled as they got ready in their elven attire.

"This is so smooth and light" Gwen twirled as she wore the elven attire.

"You look like an elven archer" Jill giggled.

"An archer who uses a wand instead of a bow" Gwen smirked. As they headed towards the castle gate to welcome the king trumpets were blown, the king came riding on a reindeer it was no ordinary reindeer but a magnificent one Gwen have never seen a reindeer in her life this was the first and it stood proud and tall as the king sat upon him.

He got down from the reindeer like a majestic king his head was held up high, he stood tall and his posture upright. He didn't turn his head he looked straight into the castle gates as he walked in slowly. He didn't wear the clothes that the other elves wore his attire was totally different from the rest it looked smooth and expensive as it hugged his strong figure. His hair was blonde and straight without a single flaw, he wore a tiara made of pure silver, his blue eyes were deep, his jawline well defined, his skin was smooth and supple he was the definition of perfection. The ladies gazed at him in wonder as he walked in he turned to his right as Aragorn welcomed him bowing, Gwen was not paying attention to their conversation as she was just admiring his physic and beauty until he stood right in front of her "so, you're the lady I heard so much about" he looked at her, his voice direct and important.

"Yes, my lord" she bowed her head in respect.

"I hope you're having a pleasant stay, I'll see you some other time" a light smirk passed his face as he left.

"I can see now from where Legolas got his good looks" Jill whispered to Gwen as they walked towards the balcony.

"Me too, the king is something else" Gwen eyes widen in excitement.

"I wish he was Legolas brother instead" Jill gasped as she looked at Gwen.

"You speak my mind" Gwen giggled.

***

As night fell on Mirkwood the king asked for Gwen, the two guards of Gwen followed her till the throne and left her there by her own. There were four armored guards standing side by side like the ones at the gate they were motionless and stiff as rocks, Gwen didn't notice Thranduil until she lifted her gaze. He was sitting on a throne made of wood well carved and smooth like the shape of the reindeer antler Gwen couldn't help but admire the beauty of the throne until Thranduil interrupted her thoughts he was right in front of her, she didn't notice when he even walked down "my lord" she quickly bowed her head in respect.

"Interesting" he examined her "you are from Hogwarts, I see" he walked past her.

"Yes, I am" she spoke softly.

"I've known your grandfather, your grandmother and your mother. You have the intelligence of your grandfather, the spirit of your grandmother and the love of your mother" he studied her face as Gwen didn't reply Thranduil hesitated and then he continued again "my apologies, I forgot about your family history how your grandfather banished your mother for falling in love with a wizard even though your grandfather married an elf himself". Gwen was silent she didn't know what to say for the first time in her life she didn't have an answer, King Thranduil have over powered her confidence "you can leave now" Thranduil said after seeing the silence in her eyes as she walked away Thranduil sat on his throne and watched her disappear thought the flight of stairs.

***

As Gwen shared her encounter with the king with Jill in the back of her mind Gwen was thinking about what the king truly meant to say. Thranduil was thinking about the past when Gwen's grandfather and grandmother lived with him in Mirkwood but after Gwen's mother was banished by Gwen's grandfather the family was completely broken and Gwen grandfather and grandmother left Mirkwood. But when Gwen was born the news reached middle-earth but Gwen's grandfather have passed away and Gwen's grandmother did her best to keep the secret hidden because Gwen was more than what meets the eye she was special and unique but she still doesn't know. Thranduil knows that it was his duty to protect Gwen from the evil of the world and as the dark lord have returned in Hogwarts she cannot go back until the dark lord is completely destroyed, he sinks into his throne thinking about a plan to stop her from leaving when the time comes.

"Father" Legolas bowed his head as he returned from the hunt.

Thranduil nodded "Legolas I see your taking good care of our guests in my absence" he stood up from his throne.

"Thank you father" Legolas beamed.

"Keep your distance from the ladies" Thranduil warned as he headed towards his bedroom leaving Legolas there alone in the shadows.