Feast of starlight

Finally the day have come and it was Gwen's 20th birthday as well, Gwen woke up at the sound of Jill and Dobby wishing her warmly as she was still yawning on her bed Legolas walked in and kissed her forehead "happy birthday princess" he smiled.

"The feast" she got up happily.

"There's still time, it will be after nightfall" Legolas spoke softly.

"I better get back to sleep then" she sunk into her pillow.

"I had plans" he leaned in.

"Me and Dobby will be heading out" Jill mumbled as she and Dobby left them alone.

"I want to rest" Gwen covered her face with a pillow.

"I'll carry you then" Legolas joked as he lifted her up from the bed.

"Put me down" she yelled as he put her down gently.

"I'll get ready then, this better be good" she grumbled. As they headed outside the castle gates Legolas commanded the guards to stay back and hold Gwen's hand gently as they walked into the forest "this is the worst birthday ever" she murmured.

"Wait for it" Legolas smirked.

After about 30 minutes of walking they approached a mountain the entrance was hidden but Legolas knew the way as they walked in, it looked like a tunnel connecting to the other side and as they walked out to the other end Gwen couldn't belief her eyes there was a huge waterfall in the middle and the surroundings was covered with green grass like carpets, beds of flowers were in every corner and there Gwen saw the reindeer the very own reindeer of king Thranduil he stood tall and magnificent beside him was his family, his mate and his two calves.

"Wow this is beautiful" Gwen gasped as she walked towards the reindeers.

She stretched her hands towards the calves and petted them they seemed to like it and even the reindeers didn't mind, Legolas cams forward and fed them some berries "so?" Legolas looked at Gwen.

"I love it" she smiled.

"I knew you would, happy birthday" he pulled her towards him.

"I'd say thank you" she giggled.

"I've to confess something" Legolas looked into her eyes before he could say another word she pressed her lips against his, Legolas didn't say another word as he kissed her back without a second thought. As she moved her lips away from him and backed away Legolas couldn't belief she ended the kiss like that.

"That's the last time I'm ever kissing you again" she bit her lips.

"What?" Legolas looked puzzled.

"I want to thank you for everything Legolas and even for today but you know we can never be, after today I'm leaving and that's goodbye" she gave a weird smile as she folded her arms.

"You must be kidding me?" he pulled her closer.

"I am not Legolas, you have to let me go before we mess up" she pushed him and walked away. Legolas saw her walking away but he couldn't stop her he stood as stiff as his father's guards.

***

Everyone was invited to the feast. There were elves, men, dwarves and wizards. The two ladies walked their separate ways talking to people who interest them. Gwen noticed Thranduil with Legolas and Gandalf at a distant as they saw her they all seem to be staring at her, she felt awkward and walked towards Aragorn and his men.

"I heard you are going to try your luck on a star" Gimli giggled as he saw Gwen.

"Yes, I am and I'm sure I'd succeed" Gwen smirked.

"If you do what are you going to wish for?" He asked as he looked at Gwen.

"It's a secret" she took a sip of her wine.

"The cloak, where did it go?" Gimli asked of the blue.

"It's with a friend" Gwen said as she remembered Harry, she gave her cloak to Harry. She forgot about Hogwarts when she came to middle-earth, how is Harry doing now she thought and the dark lord where is he now her heart sank in terror as the feast started everyone was merry making, the tables were filled with food and drinks of all kinds Gwen was only interested in the wine and the Lembas. She was feeling quite drowsy when Legolas walked up to her.

"You can't push me away from your life like that" he said as he placed his hands on her shoulder.

"I don't feel like talking Legolas, I'm waiting for my star" Gwen looked up at the sky.

"Don't you know, you have to marry an elf for that" Legolas joked.

"Not funny at all" Gwen murmured.

"But for that you need the love of an elf" he smiled. Gwen looked at him is he kidding right now she didn't understand what was happening until he hold her hands in his "I love you Gwen from the first day I met you, I loved you" his eyes caught her glance. As he finished speaking a star fell from the sky slowly towards Gwen. Everyone was watching them when Legolas said "hold it on your palms and moved it towards your chest" as she did what Legolas told her the star vanished "now it lives in you, you can wish whenever your heart desire" he gave her a warm smile. Everyone knew how Gwen got the star it was because an elf loved her truly without the love of an elf no one can claim the star of starlight. Thranduil didn't know if he was angry, sad or mad he clenched his jaws and looked at them. Legolas turned towards his father and saw his father's irritable look, he gave his father an apologetic look and then he leaned in and kissed Gwen. Everyone watched with mixed emotions, Gwen didn't kiss him back she pushed him away and with an irritable look she walked away towards the castle.