Yule Ball

"What should I wear?" Gwen complained as she went through her closet.

"Your mother recently send you these three gowns, didn't she?" Ginny said as she examined Gwen's clothes.

"Hmmm" Gwen nodded and questioned "what color suit me best?"

"Every color does" Ginny smiled.

"What are you wearing by the way?" Gwen asked as she tried a purple gown.

"I'm thinking to wear my blue dress" Ginny replied as she picked it up.

"You should wear my pink gown right there" Gwen said as she pointed towards the hanger "and yeah leave your hair open because you look beautiful with open hair" she winked.

"Thank you, thank you so much" Ginny thanked Gwen as she looked at the gown in excitement.

***

"Cant belief I'm going on a date with Cedric" Jill squeaked as she combed her hair.

"I've heard it for the hundredth time Jill" Lilly grumbled as she looked at Jill "but we both didn't get the one we wanted to go with" she muttered.

"Yes, I know but you have a boyfriend and I've Cedric and it's better to have them than be dateless, as for Legolas let's go to the ball and try our luck once more" Jill looked at Lilly as Lilly nodded in agreement. Jill wore a yellow ball gown and kept her hair in braids as for Lilly she wore a silver skater dress and kept her hair in a perfect bun.

"You look hot" Gregory commented as he and Lilly headed to the Ball.

"You look nice" Cedric complimented as he and Jill followed but in the back of his mind Cedric wished it was Gwen instead of Jill and Jill and Lilly wished it was Legolas instead of Gregory or Cedric. Even though lilly and Gregory were dating for a year now after seeing Legolas, Lilly suddenly wanted to be with him and Jill had a crush on Cedric for so long but Legolas was the elf everyone in middle-earth talked about and after seeing him in person she can't deny he's too good to be true and the ladies didn't know if this was love or just an infatuation.

Gwen was fashionably late as always, she called Dobby to clean up her room as she headed towards the Ball. She wore a blue tube gown that fell till her feet and curled the ends of her locks, she slowly walked down the stairs as Draco Malfoy was waiting for her. Gwen said yes to him after Aragorn found a date for himself and Gwen didn't want to show up on the ball dateless, she had a reputation to keep. "You look beautiful" he smirked as he took her hand and they entered the Ball room, Gwen smiled a little to show her appreciation because somewhere in her heart she did have a thing for Malfoy and she didn't know what it was.

"Can't belief she's with Draco" Ron hissed.

"I know" Harry muttered as he looked at them, Ron and Harry didn't have a date for the Ball they were sitting together on a table examining the people around when Luna joined them "you too without a date?" Harry asked.

"Sticks and stones love" Luna giggled as she sipped her drink.

As professor Snape entered with Gandalf, Gwen couldn't belief her eyes Hermione was walking side by side with Aragorn "so she's the date" she hissed as she walked towards the dance floor dragging Malfoy behind, her eyes were on Hermione and Aragorn and it made Hermione quite uncomfortable. Legolas and Gimli entered the Ball room dateless they got asked out by the ladies but they politely declined, saying they wanted to be together instead. Legolas noticed Gwen dancing with a blonde guy but her attention was somewhere else.

"I need a drink" Gwen murmured as she walked towards the bar, leaving Malfoy on the dance floor.

"Not enjoying I see?" Harry stood next to Gwen.