two | that's a morning moon.

A/N: I listened to this song thsts on the side and thought about this story. This is a flashback to 2006, but the song was released in 2009. Just switch the albums around and pretend it was 2005 the album released. and yes it's a tragically hip song. A little snapshot of how much Josh and Pete did love each other.

THIS MOMENT IS IN SDOS

There was a really cool article I found out about what a morning moon was.

I always see it in the morning or can find it so I'm pretty happy.
{Pete's POV} Feburary 2006 flashback

I don't  get how we ended up here, when I'd made the best mistake last night. Laid beside me, was the angel without wings or powers that I loved, his chest rising and falling as he slept on the bed beside me. Photos of his family littered the walls.

I still couldn't believe this almost mystical human being was Ashlee's distant cousin, which soured my mood. She'd yelled at me last night because she knew exactly where I was going and knew exactly what I was gonna do.

The sun was slowly rising in the sky, and Josh was starting to awaken beside me. His blue eyes, glancing at me. I was planning on divorcing Ashlee. I just... My need for Josh was too much. But I couldn't do it. "Look," I pointed out the moon in the sky. Josh was smiling.

"Is it because it's fuckin' paler than me?" Josh laughed, leaning over to his jacket on the floor. Obviously leaning to either get his blackberry, or get his cigarettes which I wish he'd quit.

"No, look at where the sun is. You always see them, and you think, they could never be together, and a few times a year or even in a decade they eclipse one day, entrapped in each other." I spoke, looking at Josh quickly and smiling. "That's kind of like us. You're that morning moon, starting to go to your daytime sleep, and I'm the sun, rising for another day. Every memory we will have together in the future, is those stars."

Josh's smile faded. "You don't really think that we'll be together? Pete, I really love Amanda. I want to be with her for the rest of my life.... This night was just a night. I'm sorry." Josh's eyes watered with tears. Unrequited love hurt, Josh's quiet tone signalling to me he didn't listen to what I had said.

"One day we'll be together," I told myself over and over again as I smiled as Josh got ready in the other side of the room, taking his fingers and running them through his unruly black  hair. "Like the nighttime sun and the morning moon."

--
Short filler chapter because I accidentally screwed up the chapter order and I'm a dumbass.