12 | there's only one you

Edit:
The song has been put on YouTube, so here it is:

^The song is "Only One You" by Dallas Smith.

This part of the story starts when just before MTAndTheLastCrusade does! So the tour promo and the poster are on the side :) I went to the Feburary 2nd show!

These were my seats for Trench!

{Pete's  POV) October  31st 2016

{Pete's  POV) October 31st 2016

"Josh, we're not naming him after Freddie Mercury," I said. Josh had been adamant the baby was gonna get named after his hero, but I tried to counteract that Josh shouldn't name a baby after someone the baby wouldn't be able to likely life up to.

"Aw come on," Josh huffed. When you're dealing with moody Josh , on top of him having worries about the tour, there was just restrictions placed. It sucked I wasn't able to go to every show, because apparently the label doesn't want me and Josh seen together because it'll "upstage Marianas Trench" because I'm in a more famous band.

People would make a huge deal, so me and Josh made them reluctantly agree I'd go to the BC shows, plus it's not like I couldn't just surprise Josh and go to more shows. People knew we were together now.

"We are not naming that baby after a guy from a band. I would understand if it was my name, because it's a family thing, but we need a unique name. Something that fits our kid. Not someone else's name." I said, glancing over to Josh's phone, which Josh was glued to looking at baby name websites. Josh would be the type to try to name his kid after someone he admired, I get that, but admiration sometimes goes too far.

{ a/n: before anyone asks any celebrities that died irl in 2016 didn't die in this story, also the /other kid/ named Saint never happened)

"Okay, so what do you propose we name mini-Ramsay" Josh laughed, and I gave him a playful poke in the arm. Josh can get sassy when he has a mood swing, and this was the highest point of sass I'd ever seen out of him.

"You mean mini-Wentz, right?" I smiled at Josh and Josh's eyes looked wide and shocked. Okay, either he's upset that he can't call the baby that anymore, or he's surprised this wouldn't happen.

"Okay, fine!" Josh huffed and said sassily. His blonde hair was put back --- I joked a lot about the manbun, but Josh said he'd be cutting it before the baby came because he didn't want his hair pulled -, which was a relevant and sad thing because I loved it better unponytailed. But nonetheless, it was really cool to see that Josh was happy, and I was happy too.

"what about Saint?" I suggested, looking at Josh who smiled and laughed a little, but I knew he agreed.

"Yeah, that's a cool name. Saint Miles Wentz?" Josh suggested, and then my plan came in my mind. I had a plan, but I hoped it would work out the way I had planned.

[A/N: MY dearly departed in sorry)

I wanted to propose at Christmas, I know I've barely been with Josh for a few months but I wanted to try and plus I wanted to marry Josh before Saint was born, even if it was a Vegas wedding.

I just knew I was going to be happy either way.

--

.did anyone expect them to not name their son Saint? The baby has been hinted at as a boy all along. :)
-Lexi
---