eight | running through hell, heaven can wait.

the date in the story exactly matches today, so that's why I delayed it to today!

)yes this was posted at 11:30 my time but fuck it's the 19th other places(

the song is featured within the chapter.

Edit: the date was modified because one of the "Little Moments" short stories is set on August 20th and it involves a happy Pete and Josh.

{Pete's POV} August 27th, 2016

I decided it would be a good time to go pick up Bronx, unaware that things would escalate completely. I walked up to the house, hoping I didn't wake his half sister Jagger.

"Dad!" Bronx hugged me when he saw me. He was happy to see me, and I honestly wished Josh could know Bronx. I could see more of Josh's personality that got inherited. Plus the doctor told us Bronx might end up tall.

"You are growing like a palm tree," I joked, ruffling Bronx's short blonde hair. I was shocked in all honesty when he was born with platinum blonde hair, but it came from Josh's side of the family, so it would have to be explained if he asked why his mom wasn't blonde.

"Mom said she isn't my mom," Bronx old me once we'd gotten to my car. My face started to pale and I tried to smile, feeling like a jerk for hiding that from Bronx, the identity of the other one who actually gave him blonde hair. And the fact he was almost my height at ten years old.

"Bronx, it's complicated. I'm your dad, but she's still your mom even if she isn't biologically. You remember biology? When you guys learned about eye color? A brown eyed person and a green eyed person don't make a blue eyed kid, if they do it's super rare. Can you tell no one what she told you for me?" I wished I hadn't had to explain that to Bronx but he had asked and I always told the truth. His mom wasn't his mom.

"I'm sad Jagger isn't really my sister," Bronx sighed. "I wish you and Mom had a baby together, Dad." Bronx sniffles, and I started thinking about having Bronx meet Josh. Josh was coming down to visit one of his sisters, Shawn, and I had to someday tell Bronx who exactly his other dad was.

"Trust me, if things work out, maybe we can call have what we want." I spoke, turning on the radio. My cheeks flared red when I realized This Means War was playing.

"This is a really good song! Mom said her distant cousin is the lead singer.." Oh fuck. Bronx knows who Josh is. Had he put the pieces together? I really doubted it because except for the blonde tone to his hair and Bronx's eye color, Bronx looked just like me.

The next song was a song that I actually enjoyed, so I turned it up and sang along, Bronx laughing from the backseat, me driving to my place and pulling in, when I saw a unfamiliar silver rented Lotus in the driveway.

"Stay here," I told Bronx, confused by who it was. I walked to the door and suddenly was tackled by a mess of blonde hair and palm tree sized limbs.

"Pete!" Josh had been the one to tackle hug me, but my expression showed no joy. Josh shouldn't be here.... He shouldn't be here.

"Josh I told ya to wait until my time with Bronx was over," I laughed, but Josh smirked a little, getting up. He knew he was related to Ashlee, apparently.

"I wanna meet him, cmon Pete." Josh pouted and I kept up a straight face. "Okay? Okay!" Josh laughed. So the rented car was Josh's, nice. But I didn't realize just how nice Josh was now. We really liked each other, but with the secret I hid, I couldn't be with Josh until I was honest.