14|Everything's meant to be broken

. EDITED FOR THE WATTYS.

Warning; election talk. Josh is a dual citizen and this should come up in the story.

|Pete's POV| November 15th, 2016

Josh had started to feel bad, because the postponement of dates hurt. Josh didn't deserve to feel sad, and we decided that Josh would just shy away. He didn't need all of the attention on him.

I felt so bad for causing this all. Some shows were still done, but I didn't feel right knowing my blue eyed wonder was unhappy.

I didn't know what to do. I tried all the things I could, tried cheering Josh up by joking about how big Saint was gonna be when he was born, but Josh just ignored me. It was so difficult to hear and see and say.

I just wish that the world would see that Josh was sad. I didn't know what to do and it hurt. I tried all the things in the world to make him happy and none did make him happy.

"Josh, please look at me. Things will be alright. I promise. Things will get better. You're gonna make up those dates after Saint's born and you're gonna be happy." I replied, and held Josh close, but Josh's expression was cold. Cold and heartless, like all of the world had shone a gray light on my beloved.

"You're wrong, things aren't gonna improve. Stop saying they are, Pete Wentz. Because if you continue to make me feel worse, by reminding me why we had to postpone the FUCKING first half of the tour, I will leave you." Josh snapped. I knew it was about to be a bad time for him as his mood had swung, coupled with insomnia and the doctor having to make the tough decision to let Josh continue the medically reccomended diet as long as he took the vitamins he was supposed to.

"Josh! Please stop acting this way." I begged him. "Things happen that we can't control. We can't control anything in this world. Whether it be the fact that the US elected a racist homophobic orange for president, or the fact that the world keeps losing people, we can't control it. We have to take a hold of our own lives."

I just hoped I could control my own life. And I knew things would work out --- Josh just had to believe in himself. I had to believe in him. And I knew what exactly I had to do to put our future in lock and key.

I had to do what I wanted to, now or I'd never get the chance.