15| part two: What are you waiting for?

{Pete's POV} December 16th , 2016

Bennie and Bowie were sleeping at the end of our bed, just having gotten back from a walk that I took them on. I wanted to tell them but Josh could tell I was hiding something.

If I didn't do this now, I could lose Josh forever. What if he rejected me and broke my heart and left again? My fear is he'd leave me. I didn't know what to do.

The  song on the radio was not helping. It was some song that I felt like not listening to, so I flipped the station. This song even sounded better. I hummed along a little, grabbing the box from the top shelf. It was bigger than most boxes for this sort of thing, but I had to make this special for Josh.

"What are you waiting for?" My mind kept telling me. "Everybody's gonna make mistakes. But everybody's got a choice to make, everyone  needs to take a leap of faith." I had to do this--- now or never for Josh. I had to.

"Josh... I can't wait to see the smile on your face." I said, taking a glimmering but simple object out of the bigger than normal box.

It was beautiful, but simple. I examined it in my hands, smiling at all of the sparkles it would probably light up in my wonderful's blue eyes.

End of Part Two