15 | part one : be not so nervous

Regarding Bronx in this story:
Pete and Ashlee still share custody. Bronx is still technically legally Ashlee's son, and not legally Josh's yet. So Bronx is living with Ashlee, even though his biological other father is Josh.

Thought I'd be realistic because the thing is, Josh legally doesn't have custody of Bronx yet. They aren't planning on it in the story until Saint is born.
----
{Pete's POV} December 4th, 2016

"Josh?" I called out, having just got home from the store. Josh literally can stick to his diet if he so wishes, but Josh was reaaaaally wanting gingerbread cookies. Damn cravings he has. I wasn't shocked, considering last time he was pregnant he kept craving chocolate cookies. I just, I didn't get some of the cravings he had.

"Yes!" Josh took the pack of cookies and walked to the kitchen with them. Josh wasn't really gaining weight, because even despite being told not to, he wanted to continue to walk Bennie.

"Josh; I have another surprise for you but you have to put the pack of cookies down," I laughed. Josh was really pissed off a lot lately. I thought something like this would cheer him up.

"What is it?" Josh said, and I brought in the heavy box from the car. I swear, this can't be light. Matt said it'd help Josh feel better.

"I thought about Bennie and how you won't be able to always hang out with her after Saint's born for a while, so I got her a playmate and you another dog. Besides, two is better than one." I smiled and lifted the small white husky puppy out of the box. He ran to Josh and started licking Josh's face, and Josh seemed super happy.

"Pete, don't pull this fucking shit again," Josh laughed, the puppy licking his face. "His eyes remind me of Bowie for crying out loud! "

The husky ended up getting named Bowie. Josh it turned out, just like my bandmates Patrick, ended up admiring the singer a lot. He just wasn't his favourite singer.

While Josh was asleep on the couch, I took Bowie and Bennie out for a walk. I didn't know what would happen next, but I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Pete?" I heard my name and turned to see a familiar face, but I couldn't place it. Didn't Josh mention that he had a ex?

"Who are you?" I asked, making sure Bowie didn't bowl her over. Bennie was very affectionate with her. Probably because she was one of Josh's friends.

"Amanda, didn't Josh mention me to you? I thought I'd say hi. " she said. Oh yikes, this is his ex-fiancée..... if I say the wrong thing she'll think things aren't right.

"Look; I appreciate the good gesture, but please don't come over to our apartment. Josh doesn't need to have another battle with you. Bennie was always Josh's dog, if this is about Bennie." I said, Bennie running back over to me. "If you want to talk to Josh, wait a few months. I'll talk to him and mediate the situation."

"Pete, I didn't leave Josh because he came out. I got angry and words slipped out of my mouth. I knew that he'd be happier with someone he really loved. I could see the love fading in his eyes, what with his mom getting sick." Amanda said, explaining what had happened. Shit.... so that's why they broke up.:: josh thought she was homophobic... "I tried to apologize and got a drunk response from Josh the night after we broke up."

"Amanda.... you need to apologize to Josh. You need to. Maybe if you do and he accepts you as his best friend again, maybe you can babysit for us. " I smiled a little. Amanda was nice, but she had made a mistake. You forgive a mistake. You know that she wants forgiveness.

"I just miss talking to him. That's all." Amanda said, then walked away, her dog on its leash in front of her. I didn't know her dog's name but Josh might. But that was beside the point.

What Amanda said made me think. Did Josh still have feelings for her? I had to find out somehow.... It was my only worry. Would he be unfaithful?