Chapter Twenty

A tall man was standing right in front of me, most likely Izzy's father. I hit the bat over his head before he could he took a swing on me. He fell to the ground but i felt a tug on my leg. I fell to the ground and  got socked in the face. With the bat nowhere in sight I felt useless. The punches became harder. I tried to fight back but he was like thirty. How the fuck was I going to beat up someone older and taller than me. And then before I knew it I woke up sitting in a chair tied up. 

Zayn's PoV  

I felt myself dozing. The ropes cutting off my circulation wasn't helping either. I looked around the room. Izzy's dad wasn't here. I turned around to find a closet with the door slightly open. Blonde strands of hair were coming out from the bottom of the closet door. 

"Emily?" My voice was barely audible.  "Can you hear me?"

There was no movement from her. I had to find a way to get us out of here. I tried to get out of the ropes but it was no use. I heard the door click open and seen Annabell's body being thrown against wall like a rag doll. And soon enough the door closed just as fast as it had opened. 

"Are you okay" I heard her cry out in pain. 

"Your a fucking monster" She screamed from the top of her lungs then brought herself to the corner of the bedroom and cried to herself quietly. 

I don't think she heard me or even noticed I was there. I heard a noise and looked behind me, Emily was waking up and looked at me with wide eyes. She pointed out a finger behind me. Before I knew it I felt a sharp pain behind my head and then it went black. 

Emily's POV

I never cried this much in my whole life. I could feel the warm blood splatter on my face. Zayn was dead. Izzy's dad looked at me and smiled walking out the room. He left us in here with a dead body. I got up and seen Annabell in the corner. I went and sat down with her. Sure she slept with my dead ex boyfriend but who else am i going to trust right now. Izzy's not in the room. I don't know exactly where she is right now to be honest. 

I put an arm around Annabeth and we sat there and cried. It seemed like we sat there forever. Zayn's body started to smell bad from being in the heated room. But then I started to wonder why it was so hot. The smell of burning wood filled my nostrils. I stood up and went over to door. It was burning. I could see flames coming up from underneath it. I stood back and tried to break the door down. My body was to weak to do it. Annabeth tried and we got some bolts out. I kicked it open with my foot and black smoke entered the room. We ran out the back door and landed on the grass. I never thought i'd be so happy to feel cool air and wet grass. We couldn't stay for long though. I got up and took Annabells hand and we ran faster than we've ever ran before.