Chapter 1

Sup guys? So I hope your day is going good!! Anyway heres chapter one! Enjoy! Please comment and vote! Love you guys!

When I walked into the house, my mom greeted me. "Hey Honey, please go get ready. We wanna make a good impression on the new family!" I sighed and nodded then climbed the towering stairs to my bedroom. As I got to the top, I turned left to find my door standing open. Not again, I thought. My little brother, Brody, always snuck into my room when I wasn't around. The thing is he never got punished because he's so young. He's three (if you wanted to know). I dragged myself in and fell on my bed face first when I felt the bed have another indent. And theres Brody, I thought to myself. "Ava, Ava!" He chanted and I got up. "Yes Brody?" I asked and he smiled. "Hi," He then scurried out of the room and I chuckled quietly to myself. Oh well, the kids gotta enjoy himself somehow. I then walked over to my walk in closet and grabbed my favorite red shirt and black, high-waisted shorts. No, I don't usually dress like this, I'm more of a basketball shorts kind of girl. Anyway, I then headed to my personal bathroom and straightened my wavy, brown hair when the whistle sounded. Oh gosh time goes by fast. When you hear the whistle it means that everyone needs to meet outside for either a special announcement, gathering, or on the rare occasion (like today) someone is moving in. I quickly scampered down the stairs and walked outside to the circle of neighbors. Sierra waved me over to the spot next to her and I gladly walked over and leaned against her. The new families car was in their driveway and you could feel the excitment in the air. Finally 7 people walked out of the house and waved. I swear its like they were famous. So anyway, Momma Gates pranced up towards the new family and shook all of their hands. "Why don't you guys introduce yourselves? We're all very good listeners." They smiled and the Mom stepped foward. "Hi everyone! We're the Griffo family and you can call me Mrs. Griffo. That's Mr. Griffo," She said and refrenced towards him. Mrs. Griffo then lightly pushed her son foward and he smiled. "Um, hi. I'm Jack." He then stepped back into his spot and I felt this really weird feeling. What is happening? I shrugged it off and glanced at Sierra. She was still paying attention as usual so I let my mind start wondering. Why does he make my hands feel sweaty? That's really gross. I tried to focus again but just couldn't. Why was he on my mind? All of a sudden I felt everyone's eyes on me. "Um..." Sierra leaned over and whispered in my ear. "Say your name!" I then smiled at her and looked back at the family. "I'm Ava Mason." The family nodded and looked at my mom who was standing next to me but I could feel Jack's eyes on me. I quickly took in his appearance before looking away. I then made a mental picture in my head and saved it. He had these really nice brown eyes, with brown hair and a blinding smile. Blinding good. "Wow," I heard myself whisper. "What?" Sierra asked leaning towards me. "Oh. um the sky is really pretty today." I lied, not ready to explain something I don't even understand. "It is isn't it?" She responded and I just nodded. I really need to sort this out.