Chapter 27

Song on the side is the one featured in this chapter. Lets just continue :)

Previously: I crossed the bridge and looked around, but saw no one. Sitting down I was about to pull out the cell phone when I heard the small noise of a guitar strumming. I looked up and noticed someone emerging from the shadows singing quietly.

Jack?

-------------------------------------------------

"Jack?" I asked. "What are you doing?"

"Just sit," He told me and I nodded slightly trying to piece my thoughts together. He then rested next to me and continued playing. 

"So maybe it's true that I can't live without you

and maybe two is better than one

but theres so much time to figure out the rest of my life

and you've already got me coming undone

and I'm thinking two is better than one."

"Jack," I whispered and he looked up from his guitar smiling. 

"I remember every look upon your face

the way you roll your eyes, the way you taste

you make it hard for breathing."

I smiled looking at the ground and found myself singing the next line,

"'Cause when I close my eyes and drift away

I think of you and everythings okay

I'm finally now believing."

Jack then joined in and we continued the song,

"So maybe it's true that I can't live without you

and maybe two is better than one

but theres so much time to figure out the rest of my life

and you've already got me coming undone

and I'm thinking two is better than one." 

He stopped strumming then and laughed slightly. "Thanks for coming Av."

"Why did you do this?" I questioned. "I wanted to apologize to you and what better way then showing you a part of me," Jack smiled and I nodded looking up at the stars. "Thanks for the song. I really like that one." 

"Well, if you remember it was the first song that we listened to together so I thought it could be our song?" He drifted off at the end and I closed my eyes laying down. "Sure. That sounds like it could work," I said still not completely friendly towards him. "Plus it fits our situation really well. Or at least in my perspective," Jack continued. I agreed and felt the blanket move a bit resulting in Jack lying down next to me. "I believe the universe wants to be noticed. I think the universe is inprobably biased toward the consciousness, that it rewards intelligence in part because the universe enjoys its elegance being observed. And who am I, living in the middle of history, to tell the universe that it- or my observation of it- is temporary?"

"That sounds too rehearsed," I laughed smiling, "Which means it can't be your words. Where did you get that quote?" Jack moved a bit then lifted his arm and put it around me. "A genius book called The Fault in Our Stars. You should read it."

"From the quote you just gave me, I think I probably should. Do you have any more inspiring quotes from this masterpiece?" I asked and he chuckled. "Many."

"Well, lets hear some," I challenged. "I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once."

"That's cute," I commented. "Oh I'm not done," Jack replied and started again. "Some infinities are bigger than other infinities." 

"True on that one."

"What else? She is so beautiful. You don't get tired of looking at her. You never worry if she is smarter than you: You know she is. She is funny without ever being mean. I love her. I am so lucky to love her, Van Houten. You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, old man, but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices. I hope she likes hers."

"How did you remember that one?" I questioned, "It's long."

"Maybe because it pertains to my life," Jack spoke and winked at me. I smiled and grabbed his hand that was around my shoulders, linking our fingers together. "So are you going to tell me what happened that day?" I asked giving him a look. He sighed and nodded before sitting up. 

"Okay so I was walking around town trying to clear my head from life in general when of course, knowing my luck, Amy appears. She was talking and talking and I didn't want to be rude so I let her blab about whatever she was talking about when she realized I wasn't listening. She kept touching me and playfully hitting me and finally I told her to stop. She got angry and pulled me closer to her while sticking her hand in my back pocket taking my keys. So of course I tried to get them back so I could go home, but then she kissed me. I started yelling at her and she just laughed. A bit later I found out that her friend took a picture of us and of course sent it to me hoping you would see it."

"And their plan worked," I finished and he glumly nodded. "I am so deeply sorry babe. I should of told you right away, but I didn't know what to do."

"Jack," I started and sat up, lightly threading my fingers through his hair. "If you would've told me right away I wouldn't have been mad. Mistakes are made in life and relationships and we can't help them. We just need to be honest with each other and everything will be okay." I smiled at him and gently let my hand drop from his head. "I don't deserve a girl like you," Jack whispered leaning his forehead against mine. "You deserve someone better," I replied and he laughed. "That's not possible." His lips then met mine and I kissed him like my life depended on it. 

In between every kiss there would be a few laughs, loving glances, and sweet words before we stopped. 

"Ava Mason, I love you so much."

I smiled and blushed before standing up, grabbing Jack's hand to lift him out of the sitting position. "I'm sorry that didn't mean to come out of my mouth, I just... I mean," Jack stuttered and I giggled before stepping closer to him.

"I love you too Jack Griffo."

Boom. Anyway this story is about done! Next chapter will be a year jump and after that is the Epilogue! So I would appreciate what you guys think I should do for stories... Love you! -Orangelegend xoxo