Chapter 17

HEYYYYYY AY AY! Haha hey guys! Well, it's tuesday so its another update day! By the way, friday starts spring break which means more chapters for you guys! Party right? Ahaha. Anyway vote, comment, enjoy!

Continue from last chapter: I then caught myself leaning in, semi creating the dream from last night and Jack seemed to be responding. I could feel his breath on my lips and I quickly glanced at his mouth before almost closing the gap. 

"Well, look what we have here," someone interrupted and I moved out of Jack's grip instantly. "Oh, um," I started and the person walked between us. "What do you think your doing?" They asked Jack and he looked down. "Well, uh, i was just," He stuttered, but I cut him off. 

"Mom, we were just enjoying ourselves," I explained and gave her a look before pulling her off to the side. "I told you I liked him. Can you except that?" I asked and she nodded. "Trust me, honey, I realize your old enough and I didn't mean to ruin your first kiss," My mom exclaimed. "Who said this was my first kiss?" I teased and my mom gasped. "Your kidding right?" 

I nodded and stuck my tongue out at her. Hopefully this lie will never bite me in the bum later on. I then led my mom back over to Jack and he raised his eyebrow. "Did I miss anything?" He questioned and my mom and I nodded. "Listen here, Jack," My mom said in a very stern tone and pointed her finger right in his face. "You treat my daughter right you hear? If she comes home crying to her mom (which is me) you will regret it."

"Yes, Ma'am I understand. And I realize your Ava's mom," Jack said, trying to stay standing straight. "Good. Oh and remember call me Mommy Mason," My mom said and laughed a bit, trying to lighten the mood. Lets just say she succeeded. "Now if you both don't mind, I'm going to get out of this downpour. I swear my underwear is wet now."

"WOAH, mom WAY too much information!" I yelled and she laughed. "Don't get sick!" 

"Um, sorry about that," I apologized while Jack shook his head. "No problem. Now where we're we?" He asked and smiled cheekily. "You arn't getting any of this until you catch me!" I yelled and ran down the street, cackling really awkwardly. 

I could hear him gaining on me as I ran faster, but making sure I wouldn't trip. I then turned a corner and saw the playground. Figuring it was a good spot to rest I hid on the side of the slide to catch my breath. I saw Jack run around the swings and pass right by me so I breathed a sigh of relief. 

"You think you can get away that easily?" whispered a voice in my ear and I felt two strong arms wrap around my waist. "Yeah, actually I did," I said and spun myself around so I could face Jack. "Well, looks like you were wrong," He told me and pressed a short kiss to my lips. "So now that you've caught me, and my mom has caught us, that is all you give me?" I demand and he laughs. "Next time just say you want more," Jack explained and caught my lips with his. I ran my fingers through his hair and he kept a tight grip on my waist, while lightly rubbing my hip-bone.

After we pulled away, I stepped out of his embrace and moved towards the blacktop. "We should probably get back soon," I mused and he agreed. "But first I'm going to try something," Jack exclaimed and pulled his phone out of his pocket. He then stuck it in his pocket so that it wouldn't get ruined. I stared at it a little longer than I should have and noticed him looking at me. "What? You've never seen a phone before?" He asks and I shook my head. "No, I have. But the ones we use are landlines. Only adults have cell phones." I explained and his eyes widened. "Oh wow. How do you live?" 

"I make do. I've lived without one for sixteen years, who says I can't go longer." I pointed out and he nodded. Music then flowed from his cell and I noticed it had a slow beat. 

"What are we doing?" I wondered. Jack then grabbed my hands and placed them on his shoulders. He then put his hands on my waist and we started swaying to the music with the rain falling all around us. "Oh I see. Your pulling a high school musical stunt on me." I teased him and he laughed. "Hey, it was a perfect scene from the third movie. Why not recreate it!" He explained. We then kept moving to the music, laughing and talking with a few kisses here and there.

Once we were done, we walked back to my house to relax and dry off. As we approached the door, my mom opened it and saw us. "Finally! Arn't you guys cold?" She asked. 

"Nah, it's warm rain Momma Mason," Jack said and my mom left the doorway to grab towels. "Do you want to change your clothes or something?" I asked Jack, trying to indicate that he should. He shrugged, "Only if you think I should."

"You should. I don't want you getting sick," I warned him and he laughed. "Well, now you just sound like you mother," He pointed out and I laughed along with him. "Excuse me sir for being responsible."

He then waved goodbye and crossed the street, with me watching how his shirt clung to him. You could even see the muscle in his arms from the soaked t-shirt. "Ok, Ava, no thinking like that," I told myself and took off my shoes. I then found the two warm towels my mom laid out for us and placed them on the table. Hopefully Jack and I can talk about what we are now and warm up!

A bit shorter than usual but its here! I love you all! Please check out my other books and my profile! I appreciate all of you! Kisses -Orangelegend