Chapter 0 | F A K E H A P P Y

—Extended Synopsis—

Sorry.

A simple straightforward word, five letters, and one of the first ten words an infant learns. The dictionary itself has three contexts for it.

One, feeling sad or distressed through sympathy with someone else's misfortune.

Two, feeling regret or penitence.

Three, in a poor or pitiful state.

It's one of the most commonly used words of the English dialect, which actually, has deteriorated the power and meaning it holds. I've told it many a times, if I bump into someone or if I might've said something wrong.

There is a reason why the phrase is 'accept an apology'. It's about accepting the other person. About accepting what they have done and loving them nevertheless. To mend the past and brave the future. But why couldn't I accept it so easily when I heard it from him?

His well-sculpted figure wavered before me, sporting a solid black V neck thin enough to show his hard muscles and a low waist jeans which looked like it might fall off any moment if a mosquito had landed on it. My cheeks had turned red as my tears left a hot trail on them before disappearing into the tar ground, erasing any proof of its existence.

The rain poured all around us but I didn't give a damn. I didn't care how weird it felt when my pastel pink tank top stuck to me like a snail, I didn't care about the cars whooshing past, splashing the chocolate brown puddle on our jeans. I didn't pay heed to the clinking of beer glasses in a nearby bar or the ringing of the bell as people walked their way happily into a bakery.

All I could see was him, and no one else.

All I could think about was how much he meant to me, and now he's the one who's driven the stake through my heart.

"Andrea... I'm really sorry." His voice cast me in a spell as I pursed my lips and looked deep into his eyes for the last time before I turned and walked away like my ass was on fire.

● ● ● ● ●

Andrea Black. Almost eighteen, normal teenager, nothing special. She lives in the sidelines, remaining inconspicuous to the outside world. And now, she's moved to a new high school, with hopes of passing life with no complications. Her horrendous past drives her away from social interaction, to bask in her perfected mask.

Unfortunately for her, two mortal enemies, just happen to notice her. There are two problems. First, they're Greek-God Abercrombie models hot. Second, they start to mean more to her in many ways and are hell bent on unfolding her layers.

Her repeated attempts to run away has made her realise that she's cornered. Cornered by her secrets, cornered by walls reciting danger. The tiny bubble she'd made for herself threatens to burst anytime, harming the people around her.

What made a cheery, happy girl drown in depression and fear? What made her hide her true self from prying eyes? Will her secret lead her to better places or worse?

Read on to find out.

● ● ● ● ●
—F O R E W O R D—
"I love making you believe, what you get is what you see
But I'm so fake happy
I feel so fake happy
And I bet everybody here, is just as insincere
We're all so fake happy
And I know fake happy."
● ● ● ● ●