Chapter 9 | Drop The Act, Black

"We all have our horrors and our demons to fight,
But how can I win when I'm paralysed?"
- Don't Go, Bring Me The Horizon.
● ● ● ● ●
Chapter Neuf : Drop The Act, Black

Physics!

My favourite subject taught by my favourite teacher!

Not.

Groan.

I was sitting next to Hoodie Guy like the first day and now that we actually talked a bit, I was a tiny bit more unreserved with him. He was sleeping, as usual and I poked him from the side.

Ouch. Is there any flesh under his blue cover?

Well, he didn't even budge.

Poke. Poke. Poke. Poke. Po-

"Lady, the fuck!" He swore, catching the attention of a few students close by. I smiled sheepishly, and shook my head. "Nothing."

I don't even know why I did that. Physics can seriously screw with your mind.

I could feel him raise an eyebrow as he buried himself in his big arms again. I mentally rolled my eyes and tried concentrating on the board. Nope, still not getting what the hell Alternating Current is.

I snuck out a Snickers Mini which I don't know how appeared in my bag, because come on, who cannot live without chocolates. I placed the sweet goodness in my mouth and almost moaned in pleasure. AHHH. I covered my face as I pretended to listen to class. That, before the voices started.

I'm sorry. I have no other choice.

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry.

No other choice.

No other ch-

My body started tingling, my head dizzying as ice pumped through my veins. I could feel my heartbeat racing till my ears, pain intensifying throughout me, curling me into a tiny ball which I could never escape from. Walls closed in, my vision becoming gradually spotty as I found myself unable to function. I caught a glimpse of crystal blue before the world lashed red and white and faded to black.

I woke up with my head pounding and instantly jolted up and looked right and left. I was in a colourless room, a monotonous white and gray sprayed all over. I felt what apparently was a bed, with kind of a damp smell to it.

"You're up!" Someone exclaimed, startling me for a moment. I recognised the owner as Irene Fray, a cheery girl who had the expression of relief etched over her tiny, red face. We'd become overly close over the week, having two classes together and eating together. Well, she talked most of the time, not that I minded.

"Ssh, you'll scare her away." Another spoke up. Jayden?

Sure enough, his brown gems drowned me in them again as a smile crinkled his eyes.

"W-w-what happened?"I stuttered, as I let out a cough starting from my throat.

"You had a freaking panic attack! In the middle of the class! If not for that guy-" I interrupted her as I held up my hand, "Which guy?"