Chapter 29 | Samara 2.0

"Girls love girls and boys
And never did I think that I, Would be caught in the way you got me
But girls love girls and boys
And love is not a choice."
- Girls/Girls/Boys, Panic! At The Disco.
● ● ● ● ●
Chapter Vingt-neuf : Samara 2.0

Flashback to two years and six months ago

"What do you want Annie? I don't have time for this." My feet were poised to take off any moment from that alley. My supposed best friend stood right in front, in her trademark grey hoodie, one that she loved as it made her feel secure. I noticed it was sagging around her body. Maybe it was wearing out, I mused.

"Please Andy, please, let me help you. You're not alone." Annie held my hands in hers. I sniffed ever so lightly and composed into what I thought was an intimidating demeanour. With the dark circles encircling my red eyes and stinking of marijuana, it was a cakewalk.

But that certainly didn't deter her. She came forward and hugged me. Hugged me out of all the things to do. I admit, I missed the way she used to wrap around me, and the way her soft hair would go all in my nose. Weird, but true.

I resisted tearing up. Instead, I shoved her away. "Enough with this bullshit. Why do you care anyway?"

Annie, visibly surprised, started out. "You're my best friend. Of course I care about you." Somehow she sounded so desperate and at the same time, trying to conceal it. "Andy please, listen to me."

"Psh. Best friend it seems. Don't pretend to care. You're just jealous of me."

"Andy, trust me, I care a lot about you, more than you think." Her head gazed up at mine.

"Why are you making this so difficult? You don't have to worry about me anymore. Your burden, gone. Poof." I stood a bit higher as I finished. "Goodbye, Julianne. This is for your own good." Satisfied, I turned away from her.

My getting away was in vain as her fingers grasped my wrist. Her face had contorted into something so weak, so fragile as she sipped on her silent sobs. Seriously? Why is she making a scene?

"Let me go, Annie."

"P-p-please, don't do this. Please don't leave me Andy. You promised we would be together always." Her grip tightened. I tried pulling but she just wouldnt let go.

"Annie. Let me go, now. Stop overacting."

"Hear me out. Just hear me out, let me make you stay!"

"Julianne, take your hand off this moment or else I swear I will - "

"I love you! Okay? I love you, Andy! There i said it!" She croaked after her outburst. "I always did and I didnt know how you would react. I didn't want to lose you. I-I-I changed myself, so you would notice me. I worked so hard to be this, just so that I could win you over somehow."

Saying so, she unzipped her baggy hoodie. Her body.... It had changed. It had become so petite and..hot? Oh my god, she probably had been dieting and working out like crazy. Is this the real Annie I used to know?

"You...you always understood me, was there for me, helped through my darkest days and yada yada. What I mean is, nobody cared for me as much as you did, not even close. You think you're not special. You think you can never be good enough for anyone, when in reality, its the other way around. You're a beautiful person, Andy, inside out. The demons that you hide, they are beautiful too. I just want you to believe in that."