Chapter 25 | Principal Ex-Wrestler

"Who will fix me now? Dive in when I'm down? Save me from myself, don't let me drown."
- Drown, Bring Me The Horizon.
● ● ● ● ●
Chapter Vingt-cinq : Principal Ex-Wrestler

"You're crazy, you know that right?" Ash remarked, bringing the car to a halt outside my house.

"I know." I shrugged. I'd watched the video repeatedly, cracking up every time. Perfect leverage. Now I just have to think how to get this shown to everybody Jace knows.

"So what're you going to do with it?"

"I don't know. I haven't figured this part out." I unlocked the seatbelt as I glanced at him for the last time before I bid goodbye. But the conversation didn't end there, "Well, I know a guy who knows a guy who knows how to access the public television we have in the hallways."

"Uhh...what?" I couldn't get a grasp at what he just blabbered.

He shook his head amusingly. "I just mean that I can get the video played on the Public Television for everyone to see."

I nodded as I understood and wore a cheery smile immediately. "Perfect. I'll email it to you. See ya tomorrow!" I shut the car door after I was out and watched him drive into his garage, like I did every Friday.

I watched the blue enigma go like I did every Friday.

In my room, I once again stared at his open window. Creepy, I know. But he was mysterious. I usually liked figuring out people at the beginning itself, but he was different. Like he didn't want the world to know his secrets, shutting himself inside. I watched him silently sigh like he always did, like it was a relief that he made through a day. And then his stoic face would divulge into warmness as he would turn towards me and give me the calmest smile.

Then I would wave and shut my blinds, like usual. Lay in my bed, like usual. Think of everything as a burden, like usual. But today, my mind was pointing to my neighbour.

Who are you, Ash?

Huh, isn't that what Jay keeps asking me.

Guess Ash and I aren't that different after all.

* * * * *

My palms were getting sweaty as I stood in front of my locker, low-key stealing glances at the television. Usually, crap like documentary of suicides, substance abuse, saving wildlife, etc. would play because the school thought it was necessary to supply such information even if a ward is just going to use the washroom.

Honestly, I think it's giving us more ideas. I didn't even know what Barbiturates were. Now I'm curious. Well, atleast I've got enough sense to not try it. But what about innocent minds? So I never did pay attention to it.

But now I was intent on its content as Ash had sent the video to be played on loop to the guy he knew. Of course, the authorities would cut it off, but by then, half the school would've seen it.

Besides, Ash assured me that his guy would forward the video to the entire school, to be watched at their own time and comfort. It's like in the movies, how a few videos are made viral by those select popular peeps with extensive social branches, just shooting everywhere.