Chapter 12 | KF SEA

"Don't want to argue, I don't want to debate
Don't want to hear about what kind of food you hate
You won't get no dessert 'till you clean off your plate
So eat it."
- Eat It, Weird-Al-Yankovic.
● ● ● ● ●
Chapter Douze : KF SEA

AIN'T NO MERCY, AIN'T NO MERCCYYYYY!

Purple Lamborghini blared out a mini truck which drove past me, carrying teens around my age jumping up and down to the beat. I smiled to myself, leaning against the side of the bus stand.

Enjoy it while you can people. Just don't make the mistakes I did.

I made myself comfortable in the plastic bench which passed off as a modest butt support.

It's been a month since the Ashton thing and I've not hung out with Jayden much after that. Not that I was angry or something, I guess he didn't have time while dating you-know-who. Their PDA was honestly too much, but I think Annie was doing that to mainly irk his admirers. It didn't affect me much I guess, although I did miss our little banters.

I do not know how, but I'd somehow drifted off into a deep sleep, because when my eyes flew open, it was stark black. It was night! Shit, I missed my bus! I would get another one, right?

11:43. Thanks there, donut. That helped my situation a lot, considering the buses don't cross this area after eleven. My mom must be worried sick! I opened my phone to call home and also maybe book a taxi, but guess what.

The camera was freaking open all this time and the charge was nil. Zero. Done.

CAN THIS GET ANY WORSE.

Normally in a movie or a book when anyone would think this, something worse-r would happen, which in my case thankfully didn't.

A black Mercedes Benz S class halted opposite me and I strained my eyes at the figure inside.

Ashton!

"Uh, need a ride?" He asked, rolling the passenger window down. I nodded slowly, ashamed to take someone's help. I didn't like to owe anybody favours, I liked doing things myself. The only person I'm dependent on is me.

I opened the door as softly as I could, and closed it the same way. I know how touchy boys can get with their toys. He smiled at me, probably happy I didn't bang it so hard that every window would've shattered.

"Thank you so much. I don't know how I slept, I'm just real sor-" I started ranting.

"Sssh. It's not a problem. I was just passing by and I saw you standing there as if a Zombie apocalypse was about to start and you didn't know where to hide."

I chuckled and nodded again.

I dare not ask him what happened that day, I don't know, if it was something important I would have known, because Irene seemed to have no idea as well.

"What're you doing here so late?" I asked, curious. Obviously it ain't that late in teenage time, but I don't know, I didn't have him pegged as a typical one. He seemed mature way beyond his years. And that added to his masculine exterior.

Remind me again why girls are such a sucker for men.

"It's not late actually." He chuckled, "I was driving back from a party."