Chapter 1 | I'm A Ninja

Look at me, I'm falling, falling,
Feeling like I'm loveblind, taking over my mind.
- Falling, Alesso.
● ● ● ● ●
Chapter Un : I'm A Ninja

Curse God It's Monday.

It should be sent to hell and barbecued till it burns and chars.

I looked at my black and pink watch, with a dial big enough to pass as a donut. 08:36. Okay, so apparently 14 minutes till the bus arrives and takes me to the place I dread the most. School. High school.

It's even worse when you're new and you've just shifted continents.

Continents. I'm not even kidding.

I'd been living in Bordeaux for about two years. It was beautiful, with its supreme gardens lining the curves of river quays. And don't forget about the wine farming. I wish I could call myself French but North Carolina is MA PLACE. I used to know every street in a twelve mile radius from my house like the back of my hand. But that North Carolina is like in another corner of the world, I don't even remember much anymore. How much ever I loved that place, all it reminds me now is of the bad memories it harbours, things I wish I'd never experienced.

And now I'm back.

Waiting.

Normally, people hate waiting for things but sometimes they forget how crucial it is. We are a forward moving generation, no one has ever thought to just stop for a moment and look around them. Look at the mess they've made. We're chasing our goals, reaching new heights, thinking only about the future. But what most of us forget is that, one day, future will become the present and soon fade away into the past. While waiting, people are under continual stress of getting the job done and after its done, they'll leap onto something else. It's a never ending cycle.

Wait. Stop. Look around. Breathe.

I was tapped out of my reverie when I heard a honk in front of me. I glanced up and found a middle-aged man, probably 45, staring at me anxiously and spoke impatiently, "Are you getting in or not, girl!"

I muttered a soft sorry and shuffled to my feet, adjusting my sling bag and boarded the bus. It was almost completely filled, luckily for me I found a two-seater all for myself. I was just about to sit as the bus jolted forward and I fell back, falling straight onto my butt.

I wanted to die then and there as people peeped above their seats, eyeing the freaky new girl who caused the aftershock. Most of them looked my age, and they maybe went to my school too. How fortunate.

I shoved myself up forcefully taking support of the wobbly floor of the bus. My hands felt two rod-like structures as I got up when I heard a grunt behind me. I spun my head around and gasped.

A boy was sprawled across the floor and he looked at me with red in his deep brown eyes. His white tee which was now a bit dirty thanks to the complete klutz I was, hugged his body as he straightened himself up.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry!" I squeaked, and bowed my head a bit to get the heart-felt message across. He didn't say anything other than just glaring me down and I sighed. Ahh, my face must've been completely red. Partly due to embarrassment and partly due to the effect he had on me. He was so darn hot.

Ahh.

I made my way to the seat I found, hoping to actually reach there successfully this time. But God had other plans for me as a hand blocked my way. I looked up at the owner, ready to bash his face off and ding ding, it's none other than Death By Chocolate.