Part 28

AFTER the small family get together, Maine and Chard bid farewell to their family members and in no time were on their way home. The way home was awkwardly quiet and none of the two dared to speak. Maine, at times opened her mouth but no voice came out.

"You sure you're alright?" Chard asked as they were near the entrance of the front door.

"Yes of course! Why wouldn't I be?" She said jovially which earned an eyebrow raise from him.

"Then why are you so cheerfull of  a sudden when a moment ago you acted like something tragic happened in your life?" Chard asked with a smirk.

"Well it just feels different, Chard. Alam mo yung feeling na yesterday you could do what you want, then the next  day you won't be able to enjoy life the way you used to?" She asked looking at Chard who was listening to her every word.

"I do. Because that happened to me." He said with a sigh.

She smiled at him and he smiled at her.

Chard held her chin with the other one on his waist. She flinched and this made Chard smirk.

Slowly their faces neared each other until it was only a few  inches away. Then.....

*****

Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment.

Thanks for dropping by, this is Kaye. 

X O X O 😘