Request - Klaus Mikaelson "Brand new day"

"I screwed up. I totally screwed up." You sat down on one of the chairs in the Mikaelson compound, burying your head in your hands. You felt how a hand was put on your shoulder, but you shrugged it off. A calming word wouldn't do it. You hadn't managed to get your sister back, and you weren't sure if you would ever get a second chance.

"Don't give up now, love..." The voice made you look up in spite of yourself. Klaus. Why was he still here? He had been the one telling you you had to do it differently. He had been the one you had ignored.
"Nothing is lost yet. We will find another way to get her."

"We?" You looked up, not able to hide the tear trickling down your cheek. "I ignored everything you told me. I did what I wanted to do instead of listening to you. I would have thought you had given up on me by now."

He pulled up another chair, sitting down next to you.
"And you think I have never done something like that before? You think I have never disregarded what for example my bother has told me to do? Because I have, Y/N. More often than I can count. Sometimes with good reasons, but there have been times I would have done better to listen to him."

You smiled, a sad smile, but a smile nonetheless. You had seen that happening. You had seen how Elijah had ignored Klaus for a long time after the last time it had happened. But you had also seen how they had been ready to die for each other later on, if their lives were in danger.
"And you're saying you're willing to do the same for me?"

Klaus nodded.
"I am part of the reason they have taken your sister, Y/N. I can simply not allow that. I will get her back, no matter what and you will play a part in that. Yes, you have made mistakes today, and I do not want to be ignored like you did." He started to look more serious than he had done before. "But I do believe you have learned your lesson. You will not do that again, won't you?"

You shook your head. You'd listen to him. If you had done that today, you had probably been back here with your sister, instead of worrying about her.
"It's up to you, tomorrow. I'll do everything you say, Klaus. I promise."

"Very well.", he smirked. "Just keep one thing in mind, love. Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?" He squeezed your hand before he stood up. "You better make sure it stays that way."