Klaus Mikaelson - Late Confession

You opened the door to the bar where you and Klaus had agreed to meet. An hour later than he had said he'd be here when you had called him and begged him to take some time to meet you. It hadn't been easy to persuade him, so you really hoped he was still there. When you had stepped inside and looked around, you saw the hybrid at his usual table in the corner, a half empty bottle of scotch next to him and not looking too happy. You walked over to him.
"Sorry I'm late..."

He suddenly looked up.
"You better have a bloody good reason for making me wait, love. Begging me to see you first and then almost standing me up? I have been thinking about leaving already and honestly... I should have." He cocked his head, demanding you give him an explanation with his gaze alone.

You sat down, almost trembling. When you were held up by a few friends of you, you were already considering just not showing up here. What you wanted to tell him was hard enough without having to apologize ahead of time. You knew you should have called Klaus, but your friends had been so demanding that you hadn't even managed to do that.
"I know I had to let you know that I wasn't going to make it. I just..."

"What is it, Y/N? You were busy saving your family, like I have been? I should be with them, keeping my daughter save, but I took some time especially for you, leaving them vulnerable, to meet you. And how do you repay that kindness? By letting me wait." He threw back the remnants of the liquid in his glass, immediately refilling it.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." You hadn't realized he had put the others in danger by meeting you here.
"If you want to go back to them, just go. I know I'm late and it's totally my fault. I know you shouldn't have waited for me in the first place. And I don't have a good excuse for it except for some needy friends." Well, at least you had been honest. The worst that could happen now was that he was going to stand up and leave you here. Maybe the end of a friendship altogether. The end of what might be more than just a friendship.

"At least you have the decency to apologize.", he grumbled before he swirled his glass around before taking another sip. "And to be honest... I have called Elijah already to tell him I was coming back home after you did not show and he is the one convincing I could be missed for one afternoon. He is the one you might want to thank for my presence here."

Which was something you were going to do. You knew all the Mikaelsons were in a tight spot at the moment. You didn't even know if Klaus wanted to see you right now, just to catch up and maybe talk a little about how you might be feeling more for him than you had let out until now.
"I will. Because I do appreciate you being here, Klaus. You know I wouldn't want to lose you as a friend."

"The feeling is mutual.", he said to your surprise. "Or I wouldn't have agreed on meeting you in the first place. Now... do tell. What was so urgent that you needed to tell me now?"