Request - Klaus Mikaelson (and Isaac Lahey) "Over and Out"

Sequel to "A little bit of help" (July 2016), "A price to pay" (July 2016), "Not a Choice", "A Game of Chess" and "Game Over"

"Are you coming back inside, love?" Klaus held out his hand and a smirk was brightening his features. Even in the moonlight he looked charming and handsome. Or maybe he looked even more handsome than in plain daylight.

You were however only seeing a monster. "You really think I'd walk back inside to finish our dinner like nothing has happened?" You kept on holding on to the lifeless body of your dead boyfriend. Tears were still rolling down your cheeks and your entire body was shaking and trembling.

"Come one, he was only a teenager, nothing but a naive and stupid werewolf who believed he could take on an original." Klaus rolled his eyes and his hand didn't tremble, didn't move. Not one trace of concern or regret was hearable in his voice. Even though he had just killed a teenager, he couldn't bring himself to at least pretend that he was sorry.

"He was only a teenager, Klaus!" You raised your voice and you took a few deep breaths. Your eyes started to hurt a little, water was coming out of your nose now too. You couldn't remember ever crying this much in your entire vampire existence. "He was innocent! He had never killed anyone. He had never wanted to harm anyone. He was the kind of person who wanted to help others, even though he had no clue how."

"Well, I've heard there are a couple more teenage werewolves running around in Beacon Hills. It must not be too hard to replace him, I would say." Klaus shrugged his shoulders, but he did drop his hand eventually. "You know that you and I are meant to be together. I changed you to be with me for the rest of your life. I was ready to wait for you, but I think you've had more than enough time now to enjoy yourself to the fullest."

"I don't want to be with you." You shook your head and you carefully placed Isaac's body on the cold, wet ground. "I don't want to be like you." You stood up and you took a few deep breaths, but were unable to stop the tears from coming. "I don't want to see you ever again!"

Klaus' smile disappeared from his face and he cocked his head slightly. He was not used to you speaking to him like this. He was not used to you raising your voice. He was not used to seeing you angry or disappointed.

"I hope that your family will be able to forgive you, because I won't. And if you are now planning on killing me, fine, go ahead, kill me. I've lived more than long enough."

"I would never kill you." Klaus shook his head, but you pointed at the werewolf body on the ground behind you.

"You just killed a part of me without hesitating, without mercy." You walked backwards and you breathed heavily. "You just ripped my heart out of my chest." Your voice was barely a whisper now. "The only reason I agreed to go on a date with you, was because I was afraid that the boy I really loved would end up dead."

"And how should I have known that?" Klaus threw his hands in the air and just like he had done so many times before he tried to make himself the victim of this entire situation. He wasn't. He would never be. He complained about people hating him, about no-one being able to love him. He forgot that he was the one to ruin the love they had felt for him in the first place.

"It shouldn't matter if you had known it or not." You lifted Isaac's body of the ground and pressed it to your chest. "You're you and wherever you go people get hurt or killed." You swallowed. "You can call your vampires back. I will solve the problem in Beacon Hills myself." You didn't look at Klaus anymore. "After I took care of Isaac's funeral."