Request - Klaus Mikaelson and Isaac Lahey "A game of chess" (Sequel)

Sequel to "A little bit of help" (July 2016), "A price to pay" (July 2016) and "Not a Choice"

You had been happy that you had not needed to order anything from the menu. The restaurant charged prices you had never seen before and you would have picked a cheaper dish to make sure you wouldn't look too greedy. On top of that you were hopelessly underdressed compared to the people around you.

The waiter, however, put a plate filled with things you had never even heard of in front of you and Klaus almost laughed when he noticed the shock in your eyes. "Come on, love, have a taste." He smiled. "I have ordered a few very exclusive viands to make sure you know that I believe you only deserve the best of the best."

You took a deep breath and you smiled back politely. You could vaguely hear your phone ringing in your purse, but you didn't dare to answer it right now. Carefully you grabbed your fork and randomly you picked something on your plate that didn't look too weird.

"Aha, the escargots. What a lovely choice to begin with!" Klaus sounded a little too enthusiast for your liking and you stared at the thing on top of your fork once more.

Although you had always associated green food with something healthy, you weren't too sure if you had ever seen this kind of green before and all of a sudden you felt your stomach turning around. "I'm sorry..." You put your fork down again, grabbed your purse and stood up from your seat. "I think I really need to go to the toilet first."

Klaus didn't even get the chance to answer, but his face still showed nothing but amusement. Well, if he had been trying to shock you, he had at least succeeded in that.

As soon as you reached the toilet, you closed the door behind you and grabbed your phone from your purse. You had three missed calls and all were from Isaac. You shook your head while you tried to call him back.

"Are you okay?" Isaac answered before the phone had even had a proper chance to ring. "Did he touch you? Did he try to kiss you?"

You rolled your eyes and shook your head. "No, he didn't. I'm fine." You paused for a short moment. "He tried to feed me escargots. Do you know what that is?" You cocked your head a little and you changed the phone from one ear to the other while you locked yourself up behind one of the wooden doors.

"No, I don't, but if you don't trust what he's feeding you, don't eat it, okay? I'm on my way and I'm almost there and then I'l rescue you from this whole thing." Isaac was hissing between his teeth and you could hear the engine of his car clearly being in overdrive. "I don't care that he's Klaus Mikaelson and I don't care that he's keeping Beacon Hills safe. He's messing with me and my girlfriend and I'm done with it." He hung up before you could answer and you took a deep breath.

You weren't sure if Isaac rushing into the restaurant and attacking Klaus would be a very good idea. You were however very sure that there was nothing you could do to stop him.