Klaus Mikaelson - Not scared

You needed to find this... and if that meant you had to search through the Mikaelson compound to find it, you just had to do it. You had to gather courage during three days to actually set foot in that place after you had seen everyone living there leave. You had been there once or twice before, but you had never noticed how much junk there was scattered through that place.

"Come on...", you mumbled, just to distract yourself. "It has to be here somewhere..." The longer you had to search, the more nervous you became. Why couldn't it just be in the courtyard somewhere?

The door creaked when you opened it, entering a study that could be Klaus'. The wall was lined with book cases, but you immediately went for the desk, searching through the top drawer that only contained some useless papers. The second drawer was locked. You pulled it, but you found out quickly you would need a key for it.

"You can find the key on the right side of the desk, sweetheart..."

The voice made you jump up, pressing yourself against the wall behind the desk while Klaus closed the door with a thud that was far too loud.

He walked towards the desk and put his hands on it, leaning over it.
"And what is it you so desperately need and couldn't ask me?"

"I... I..." Damn it. This wasn't meant to happen. You were just to find the amulet and get it out before anyone would notice you were even in here.

"Lost your tongue, love?" He stood up and walked around the desk, stopping when he was standing right in front of you. "I do think you are aware of what we do with trespassers?"

"I am not scared...", you managed to say, something that only brought a broader grin on his face.

"You're not?", he mocked. "Then why do I hear your heartbeat speed up the moment you said that? Why are you pressed against that wall, looking like a dear in headlight? I am convinced you are scared, love. And with good reason." The grin disappeared from his face, only to be replaced by an expression that froze the blood in your veins. "What are you looking for!"

You bit your lip, glancing at the door, but you knew you'd never make it there before Klaus. You should have thought this plan through. You should have put a sentry outside, someone to warn you when one of them would return early.
"An amulet.", you confessed when Klaus took another step towards you, being so close to you that if felt really uncomfortable. "It belonged to my brother. And you have it, according to the witches."

He stepped back, knowing he achieved what he wanted.
"A bit of a pity I'll do everything in my power not to give the witches what they want then." He walked over to the bookcase in the corner of the room, opened a small box and got out a necklace.

You made a movement to go to him. You recognized it and knew that it was exactly that what you were looking for. If you had only started there instead of at the desk.

"I don't think I even need to ask if this is what you were looking for." He raised his hand to stop you from walking. "I know what this is and also happen to know why they are so eager to get it back. Do you?"

That's when you had to stay silent. You looked at the floor and shook your head. It had been an heirloom, but no one had told you what it was. So all you could do was shake your head.
"No..."

"I thought as much. Sit." He nodded at a chair and you were too afraid to contradict him. "You and I need to have a... good conversation about who you want to be used by. I'm afraid staying neutral is not an option for you anymore, love. You've just gotten yourself involved. And I'm not sure if that is going to end very well for you."