Klaus Mikaelson - Smile

You were cowering in a corner, afraid of every noise you heard, afraid of every shadow you saw, afraid of every gust of wind that blew into the room where you had hidden yourself. You still couldn't process what had happened today, who had taken you from the streets, the threats that had been sent, the fear that they wouldn't do anything. What did you mean for Klaus? You never believed he would come... and still, something, someone had come for your capturers. Someone that was ruthless enough to make them lose sight of you for one moment that was long enough to make you hide.

Eventually the sounds stopped. The silence was almost even scarier than the noise had been. You didn't know what had happened, who had won. When a shadow appeared in the door opening, you were afraid to look. You just pressed yourself in the corner, wrapped your arms around your legs and whimpered when you heard footsteps come your way.

"Hey, hey... calm down. They can't hurt you anymore." A familiar figure knelt next to you and put a hand under your chin, forcing you to look up at him. Klaus. He had actually managed it. "By the looks of you, I refuse to regret anything I did down there... You're safe now love. I came as soon as they sent their message. They just underestimated what I could do."

You breathed out on relief, grabbing his arm and holding onto him as if he were a life buoy. You weren't in danger anymore. Klaus wasn't in danger anymore. Whatever they had threatened to do to you, to the entire Mikaelson family, they couldn't do it anymore. It was as if a knot came loose in your stomach, almost making you cry out of relief. You didn't want that. You had cried enough in this place.
"Can you just smile, Klaus? I really need to see you smile right now. I'm afraid I won't be able to stop crying anymore if I don't..."

He put a smile on his face. Maybe not a real one, but one that would do for now.
"Like this, sweetheart? I wouldn't want to be the cause of your sorrow... I would prefer us to get home as soon as possible though, so if you have any other requests, maybe you should save them until we've made it home.", he said lightly.

"I think that's it for now...", you said after another deep breath. You felt how the panic you had felt all that time was slowly, very slowly fading away. "Going home sounds good... I don't want to see this place ever again..."

He scooped you up, holding you tight and you wrapped your arms around his neck, clinging to him as if your life depended on it.
"By the way you look, I am not going to trust on your legs to walk out of here. Besides... Elijah is downstairs, cleaning up the mess they forced us to make. We'll go out another way. Close your eyes, sweetheart..." He opened the window, which made you immediately close your eyes.

Except for the drop in your stomach, you never felt a thing when he jumped out. When you opened your eyes again, he was carrying you towards the car.
"Thank you, Klaus. I thought..."

"You thought I'd leave you there?" It was as if he had been able to read your mind. "I am loyal, Y/N. And I will not be threatened. By using you to do that, they signed their own death sentence." He put you in the car, very carefully, taking a blanket from the back seat and covering you with it. "And I don't want you to feel sorry for them for one moment. They would have killed you otherwise..."