Chapter Three - One Year Later

"Diane, quick, you need to see this", my mom yelled from the living room.
"What is it?", I asked annoyed not wanting to get up from my comforting bed where I was just reading another book so far.
"Hurry up it's important", she replied and I lazily rolled out of the sheets.
"Mom I told you I...".
"Just watch this", she immediately interrupted me and pointed to the TV at the end of the room.
I stood there silent and in awaiting anticipation of what was coming from the news as suddenly a speaker spoke up.
"Our headlines for this day are amongst others, King of Pop Michael Jackson got divorced of his now ex - wife Lisa Marie Presley", my mouth got dry as I wouldn't believe my own ears.
"More details at eleven".

"If you want I can record it honey", my mom spoke after a while.
"No way, I need to see it right away", I snapped looking at her with fury eyes.
"But you have work tomorrow", she told me raising her brows.
"Would you like to know how less I care at this moment?", I asked pulling up my sleeves.
"I really need to see this, and you know it isn't the first time I stay up late at night while I have to get up early the next morning", I informed her and went out.

In the evening after taking a deserving shower I dressed myself in my sleep clothes and went to bed, "Goodnight", I said smiling in the direction where my parents were sitting.
"Goodnight Diane", my mom said as my dad already fell asleep on the couch.

I turned on the TV and patiently waited for the late news at eleven.
With heavy eyes I dreamily stared at the screen as the movie finally ended and one of the news speakers appeared.

"As announced in the afternoon, here's the full interview with Michael Jackson speaking about his divorce from now ex - wife Lisa Marie Presley", he spoke and just seconds after they showed Michael sitting in one of his chairs at Neverland, gorgeous as ever he thrones cross legged with his black slacks and his well known penny loafers.
His upper body covered in a red blouse with the first two buttons undone and allowing the material hanging loose off the top releasing his perfect jaw.
He folding his hands just above his lap smiling with that stunning smile directly into the frame of the camera in front of him, his dark curls framing his face just perfectly.
And I felt myself again blushing by just looking at this beautiful human being sitting there waiting to reveal the answers so many of us are questioning ourselves now and then.

"So, welcome Mr. Jackson", the interview said.
Assuming to the voice I was judging it was a female interviewer.
Michael himself just continued to smile and nod.
"Well, I guess everyone out there is awaiting your statement for the break up with your ex wife, tell us about", she began and he took a deep breath followed by shifting in his seat.
"Well", he spoke and it sounded like music to my ears, hearing his voice after that time nearly broke my heart.
"First of all I want to say that we'll stay friends", he replied, "And it was my decision to break up, because I...", he paused lowering his intense look.
"I did a huge mistake a long time ago", he cleared his throat.
"Somebody once told me that we only have one life, therefore there's only one true love for each of us".
Motionless I sat in my bed turning up the volume.
And deep inside me I knew that Lisa wasn't the right one for me...", he spoke.
"I've found the special girl already, but needed to let her go and instead of waiting I broke her heart".
A single tear made it's way down my cheek as I watched him talking what was in his mind.
But why couldn't he tell me this, I wondered.
"It sounds like you rather stay on your own than getting close to a woman again, is this right?", the interviewer asked.
Michael shook his head giggling.
"No, I only want her back in my life that's all", he smiled.
I've never seen him with such a painful smile crashing his gorgeous features.
"And why did it take you this long to realise it?".