Chapter 23- Bee Mine

Kurt knew he had to step up his game, he just didn't know how.

You would think that someone with as much design capabilities and all around unique ways as Kurt Hummel would be creative. He was not.

Blaine was always the one to throw the romantic gestures, that sometimes their lives felt like something straight out of a TV show or bestselling Nicholas Sparks novel. He knew just what it meant to sweep Kurt off of his feet and drop his jaw to the floor. Roses and duets and speeches and a tour around the fucking state of New York just to complete a stupid bucket list made in high school. Blaine Anderson had game. Kurt Hummel did not.

"He's already taken all of the good ideas," Kurt said to Isabelle on a Skype chat.

They'd been brainstorming ideas for the whole day, even though technically both of them were supposed to be working. But then again, it doesn't matter unless you get caught or there's a deadline.

"Yeah seriously. Can't he just leave something for you?"

"Exactly."

"Hold up, I'm looking it up online... Ooh, okay. This is on Pinterest. '19 Cute Things To Do For Your Partner- this is perfect!"

"Alright, what does it say?"

"Aww, Kurt, this is sooo adorable!"

"What is it?"

"I wish I had a boyfriend..."

"Isabelle!"

"Oh, right. Anyway, you should have an indoor picnic! Just get a bunch of candles and dim the lights and do the whole Lady and the Tramp thing with the spaghetti when you each have one end and eventually you ki-"

"That's a great idea! Hey, do you mind if I take off a little early today to prepare and everything?"

"I guess that would be oka-"

"Thanks! You're the best! I'll definitely get those designs out to you by Monday, like you asked! Bye!"

Kurt hung up the call immediately, a newfound grin somehow appearing on his face. He had 4 hours until Blaine came home, 4 hours left until he pulled the greatest romantic scheme of his life. He had no idea where to start.

She said candles, right? He thought, a sudden panic filling his brain. Lots of candles. But not enough to burn the apartment down. And spaghetti. Oh and roses! Who doesn't love roses?

~~~

Blaine's day was shitty to begin with, and it just kept getting worse.

It started with waking up and Kurt not being in the bed beside him, but scrolling through some page on the Internet. Kurt didn't even say "good morning." Actually, they didn't say two words to each other before he walked out of the apartment.

Before Blaine got to class, he stepped in gum on the sidewalk. He was 10 minutes late because he went to the bathroom to try to scrub it off.

"So, um, do you have any plans tonight?" Peter from calculus asked him as they walked out of the building, his face wearing a half smile and sly look.