Chapter 1 | Back to the Start

Enjoy! 💓
_______________________________

PRESENT

"Morgan, are you still in there!?"

I wiped my tears and sat up from the bathroom floor. I washed my hands and took a deep breath before peeking my head out of the door.

"Morgan Lorraine Jenkins-Campbell, you have been in there for over an hour! You had me worried sick!"

I chuckled a little. "Don't worry, Tanya." I said. "Is he gone?" I asked while looking around.

"Who? Donald? Or whatever the hell his name is?"

She's only twenty-four, so I'm sure she doesn't know who DeVanté is. She probably doesn't even realize K-Ci and JoJo are from Jodeci.

I nodded. "Oh, yeah he left like forever ago."

"Okay...Um, you take the rest of this week and next week off." I said.

"Girl, are you serious? For what?" She asked all excited.

"Because Christmas is next week and I know I don't want to spend this time of year working."

She grinned.

I walked back to my office and to my desk. I shut down my computer and threw on my coat.

"Thank you so much." She gave me a hug.

"Yeah, yeah."

We walked down the hall and into the elevator.

"Happy holidays, Mo!" She said while walking to her car.

"You too!"

I walked to my car and got in, starting up the engine. Once I made it to my house, I parked in the driveway and got out of the car. I unlocked the door and walked into my home.

"Come in the kitchen!" Yelled my husband of seventeen years, Tevin.

Loud ass. 🙄

I went into the kitchen where he was fixing a plate of food. He seen me and smiled. "Hey, beautiful."

"Hi, handsome." I forced a smile.

"How was your day?" He asked.

Weird. 😶

"It was good." I lied.

Today was not a good day. I saw DeVanté...that should explain why.

"You hungry?" He asked me,

"Eh, not really." I said.

He gave me a look of concern. I rarely pass up an opportunity to eat.

"Mommy!..." I heard small footsteps and in walked my three year old daughter, Mackenzie.

"Hey, girlie." I picked her up and sat her down on my lap.

I looked over at Tevin. He was eying me with that annoying look of his. That look that means he's going to ask a million and one questions.

"Kenzie, go upstairs and watch TV for a minute, please." He said.

"Otaaaayy!..." She said and went up the stairs.

She's so silly.

Tevin walked up to me and hugged me from behind. "What's the problem?" He asked.

"What makes you think there's a problem?"

"Cause I know."

I sighed. "Nothing's wrong with me, okay?"

"Then what's with the attitude?" He asked me.

"I didn't come in with an attitude, but then you asked why I had one and now I do have an attitude." I said.

(Did that make sense? 😂)

"...So...you do have one?" He asked.

"You're so annoying." I rolled my eyes and went upstairs to our bedroom.

I don't know why, but seeing DeVanté really got me in my feelings. It just takes me back to a drama filled place in my life.

Oh, yeah. Surprise! I'm married with kids. (Yes, I meant kids as in the plural form.) I'm actually a mother of four, Mackenzie being the youngest. My son, Tristan is fourteen. My other son, Mehki, is seventeen. Then I have my eldest child, who is twenty-one. Her name is Denise.
_______________________________

Yes, I decided to turn it into a sequel! Yay! 😝👏🏽👏🏽

What do you think about it so far? 👀

Vote
Comment

Thanks for reading!

✨✨✨✨✨✨