Chapter 7 | Not Right Now

| Morgan |

"Bro, that psychotic bitch fuckin trashed my house!" He yelled in anger.

His face was red as his jaw clenched, kind of sexy if you ask me.

I gently grabbed his arm. "Hey, calm down."

His face softened and he looked less angry. He looked down at his arm that I was holding onto.

I sighed and let go of him.

"What are you gonna do?" I asked him.

"I don't know, man." He shook his head and sat down on the couch with his head in his hands.

"I was just wondering, though... Why'd you call me?" I asked.

He slowly looked up at me before shrugging. It was the way he looked at me that was all too familiar. He just stared at me. He was really being the typical, weird ass person he is.

"Well... I'm going to leave..." I started walking out.

"Wait!"

He grabbed my arm. I turned around to face him.

"Don't leave me." He said. "I-... I can't handle this by myself."

He looked beyond vulnerable.

I sighed. "Well, I guess we can start by cleaning up the place..." I said while looking around.

He smiled and gave me a hug.

If I told you the way DeVanté held me wasn't awkward, the devil would be so proud. So I'm going to shame him and tell you that the hug was awkward as hell!

A Few Hours Later

I glanced at the clock on the wall. It read 7:18.

"I'm fixing to go." I said before I stood up and stretched.

DeVanté and I had been cleaning up for the longest and I was tired of him staring at me every five minutes.

He looked down at the junk that was still on his floor and sighed.

"Guess I'll just finish tomorrow and uh... stay with Dal tonight." He said.

I nodded.

I really don't feel like helping him with this. I mean, he shouldn't have gotten the bitch pregnant. But I can't leave him hanging.

"Well... I'll come by tomorrow and help some more." I said.

He smirked and looked at me. "Cool."

There was an awkward silence.

"So yeah, see you tomorrow." I started walking out.

| DeVanté |

I didn't want her to go. I didn't want to watch her leave me like that. I couldn't watch her leave me.

"Hold up." I said.

She stopped in her tracks and turned around to face me. "Yes, Donald?"

I scrunched up my face. "Who the fuck is Donald? Don't ever say no shit like that again."

She laughed while I kept a straight face. She stopped laughed and cleared her throat.

"My bad." She smiled.

It got quiet. "Look, Morgan, we need to talk."

"About what?" She asked.

"I don't know how long I can keep doing this 'just friends' bullshit." I said.

She looked down at her feet. It took her a few seconds to say anything.

"DeVanté..." She said while looking up at me. "I'll always have a soft spot for you. You know that."

I nodded.

"I just don't know how to handle a relationship with you. I mean, I didn't know how two years ago and I probably never will. You're a handful..." She chuckled to herself.

A handful? 😒👉🏽🚪

"So what you tryna say?" I asked, a little annoyed with how long she was taking to get to the point.

She sighed and looked up at the ceiling. "Not right now, okay?" She said and simply walked out.

I raised my eyebrow.

Not right now? Fuck she mean not right now?

I can't even lie, y'all. The girl got my heart. Y'all probably knew that, though. I just need to find a way to get her back, but I think I know what I'm going to do.

I put on my jacket and started leaving. I opened the door to see a girl and a toddler boy.

She smiled at me. "Hey, um... Remember me?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"Well um... You got me pregnant and kicked me out of your house." (If you don't remember who this is, go read chapter 5 of the first story.)

I stared at her and blinked.

She frowned. "Well this is Justin." She said while holding the little boy's hand.

"Okay?..." I chuckled. "Hey there, Justin. I'm Donald." I said sarcastically.

She glared at me. "He's our son."

I laughed. "Oh." I said and walked passed her. "Aye, can you move your car so I can leave?"

"Well, forget you too!" She yelled and walked her and her son to car. She started the engine and pulled out of the driveway.

I stopped pretend laughing and gulped. I knew that was my son.

"Awe, shit." I said to myself.

___________________________

I updated! 😄

What do you think of the chapter? 🤔

Vote
Comment

Thanks for reading!