Chapter 2 | Fangirl

Anyway, you're probably curious as to what happened after I moved. I'm sure you want to know what happened with DeVanté.

You're probably even wondering how I met Tevin. 🤔

Well, it was just a normal day for me. I was eighteen at the time. DeVanté had been in a coma for two years...

.
.
.
.

May, 1993

"Mo, I know you not still in this bed!"

"Whaaatt?" I whined.

"It's almost one o'clock. Girl, if you don't get up!"

I screamed into my pillow.

I will never understand why it matters what time you wake up during the summer days. 😑

I got up from my bed and stretched. Only a hot shower could wake me up.

After taking a shower and throwing on some casual clothing, I went downstairs.

My bestie, Bria, was sitting on the couch watching TV.

For the longest time I didn't want to make friends, because of Tori phony ass, but Bria is a real one. She's defiantly not just using me to get with you know who. 🙄

"Ew, what is that on my couch?" I joked.

"Shut yo ole peanut head ass up."

I shushed her. "Aunt Gayle upstairs, hoe." I whispered.

Her eyes popped out of her head for a second and she covered her mouth. "My bad."

I laughed and sat in the recliner. I swear I love that chair. 😍

"What you want to do today?" Bria asked me.

I thought for a moment. "Mall or movies?" I asked.

It was quiet for a few seconds.

"Mall." We said in unison.

At the Mall

"Bro, why you always do that!?" I asked her. She had gotten some of my food. "We got the same thing!"

"Yours taste better."

I gave her the stale face before I continued eating.

I randomly look up and see a familiar face.

"What you starin at?" Bria turned around and followed my gaze, she too started staring in awe.

"Is- ... Is- ..." She turned around and looked at me with bulged eyes. "No." She said in disbelief.

"Yes." I nodded with a grin.

"No."

"Yes, girl."

She started to scream, but I quickly reached across the table and covered her mouth. She moved my hand and ran to where he was.