Chapter 8 | A Day With Him

| Morgan |

I went outside to go to my car and rolled my eyes when I saw one of Tionne's neighbors come out of their house.

"Awe hell." I said to myself.

I tried to discreetly get in the car.

"Hey, Mo!" She said from across the street.

I put on a smile and waved. "Hey, Miss Loretta!"

She smiled and started walking towards me.

Ugh ! 🙄

"Where you heading?" She asked when she made made it across the street.

To mind my business. Why? Wassup?

"Just running a few errands for Aunt Gayle." I lied.

I would've punched my ass in the face with some brass knuckles if I told her that I was going to DeVanté's house. Her nosey, big mouth having ass would tell Aunt Gayle and I ain't having it.

"Awe, that's good. How long y'all gone be in town for?" She asked.

Until we leave, duh. 🙄

"We're supposed to be leaving sometime later this week."

She smiled and started looking in my car.

"Can I help you?" I asked with as little attitude as I could.

"Oh, just checking out your car."

"Mo, if you don't hurry back with them groceries!" I heard Aunt Gayle yell from behind us.

Thank you God! 🙄🙏🏽

"Yes, ma'am!" I said while unlocking the car door.

I looked back at her and she winked, causing me to smile. Aunt Gayle's the real MVP. 😂

"See you later, Mrs. Loretta." I said while getting in the car.

"You too, Mo." She said and walked towards Aunt Gayle, starting up a conversation.

Tionne need to move or something, because that lady gets on my damn nerves. 🙄

I arrived at DeVanté's house around ten minutes later to help him clean the house some more. I got out of the car and locked it, walking up to his door.

I barely rung the doorbell before the door flew open.

I jumped. "Um... Hey there." I said while making my way passed him and into the house.

I looked around and my mouth dropped. He called me asking to come over and help clean when he already cleaned everything up!

"Why am I here?" I looked at him and folded my arms.

"Just wanted your company." He rolled his eyes.

I glared as he walked into the kitchen. I followed behind him and hopped on the counter.