Chapter 23 | Done For Good

Morgan

"Morgan, what the fuck?"

This is exactly why I wasn't ready to tell his ass.

My face formed a frown. "I tell you that we're going to have a baby, and that's how you react? Really?"

"I mean," he said. "Why didn't you already tell me?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I was scared to."

He sat down on his bed and looked into space. "This is my third child."

"Which is your fault," I said smartly.

He looked at me. "What you say?"

"Well, I didn't get myself pregnant and neither did those other girls. You decided to stick your bare dick in three women and not pull out, so you're the one at fault."

"First of all, I could've sworn I used a condom on that one girl so she shouldn't have got pregnant." I rolled my eyes at his ignorance. "Second, you told me you was on the pill. How you still end up getting pregnant anyway?"

My mouth slightly opened as I stared at him in disbelief, there was no way he was listening to himself. Was he really this crazy? "What is wrong with you?"

"I'm scared to walk outside my front door, cause I'm paranoid as shit. I can barely even close my eyes to go to sleep at night, regardless of how tired I am. I'm stuck in the mix with a nigga that tried to fucking kill me, Morgan! Everything I get, he want some of it and that includes my damn money! Now you mean to tell me I'm gone have to spend money on a child?"

"Well I'm sorry that you're dealing with so much, I really am," I said. "But I don't appreciate the way you're making this all about you. Do you really think I wanted to get pregnant?"

He nonchalantly shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, did you?"

"I did not," I scoffed.

"You think I'm ready to be a mother? You think I'm financially stable enough? Because I'm not. I am eighteen years old, I'm starting college next month! What am I supposed to do?"

"Abort it."

I know he didn't.

"Abort our baby," I asked him.

"Yeah," he said. "I don't want it and you obviously don't neither, why not abort it? We would both be better off without a baby."

That was all I needed to hear for me to come to my senses. DeVante was more selfish than I thought, and I was certain that this wasn't the same man I had fallen in love with. This man was supposed to be my boyfriend, my partner. As crazy as he was at times, I never thought he would ever tell me to abort our baby. I knew I wasn't ready to take care of a baby or raise a child, but I was willing to try. After all, I had sex and it was my responsibility to suffer the consequences. Even if that meant I had to do it without DeVante.

I moved closer to him, looking into his eyes. Hurt, disappointed, and all types of mad, I gave him a hard and well deserved slap to the face. His face turned red as a tomato. The light, hazel color of his eyes turned dark and rage filled them. He stood up from the bed and pushed me, causing me too fall down. He crouched over me and balled up his fist up, ready to punch me.