Chapter 22 | Tell Him

DeVanté

I was in the studio, working my ass off. This was my third day straight trying to put together some songs for Jodeci.

"Aye, DeVanté," I heard Suge say to me.

I glanced at him. "Wassup?"

"This work you been doing is gone pay off one day."

I nodded my head, "I hope so."

"I mean, for real. All you need to do is stop fuckin' with Andre for good man. He not helping you reach your fullest potential as a musician."

I stopped what I was doing and looked him in the eyes. "Tryna say you can do better?"

He blew the smoke from his blunt, holding eye contact with me. He smirked. "Me and you," he said. "... we can change the world."

I looked down. Suge always had a way of getting in my head. The nigga was scary as shit to most people, and I was one of them. It was hard to not fear a man that had some of his crew break into my house, rob me, and beat me with a pistol.

"Just know anything you need, I got you. Money problems, promotions... I'll handle it for you."

I nodded my head and licked my lips. "Thanks, man."

"No doubt," he said.

I looked at the time on my watch and rubbed my head, I was tired as hell. "I'm about to go home," I said.

Suge nodded. "I'll walk you out."

I don't need a damn escort.

We walked down the hall of his Studio. He had pit bulls bigger than mine by the door to exit. One of them barked and growled at me. I wanted to jump, but I was no bitch.

"AYE!" Suge yelled at the dog. "Somebody get this motherfucka' and tie him up!" He yelled at his crew he had.

"On it, boss." One of them said.

"You better be," Suge said.

I opened the door and started walking out. "Come back and see me soon," Suge said.

"I will," I said before giving him dap and leaving.

I pulled into my driveway and got out of my truck, walking to my doorstep. After I unlocked and opened the door, I noticed all the lights were off.

I turned on the light and looked around. "Morgan," I yelled. I didn't hear anything.

It was obvious that nobody was in my house, but I checked every room just to make sure. The last room I checked was mine, and I was mad as hell when I saw that Morgan's bag wasn't in there.

"Man, what the fuck?" I said to myself. I wanted to call her and have her come back, but I was too damn tired.

After I took a quick shower, I dried off and laid down in my bed. No I didn't skip a step, I sleep naked sometimes. Morgan liked that shit.

I was in the bed, trying to go to sleep, for at least forty minutes. It had been pretty much three days since I had some real sleep. As tired as I was, I should've fell asleep with no problem, but I couldn't.