Chapter 15 | The Party

I sort of took a long time to post this and I apologize for that. The first book of Stay has reached 15k Reads, 1k Votes, and 900 Comments! Thank you guys so much! ❤️

Enjoy!

Morgan

I took a deep breath before stepping into the building. Yes, I decided to come after all.

"I can't believe I'm about to see Jodeci in person," Bria said in disbelief.

"Well, believe it," Tionne and I said at the same time.

"Help me find a fine, mature, specimen," Bria nudged me.

"Mature?" I asked.

"Girl, your limit is nineteen or no older than twenty and they're still not mature at that age."

"Exactly," I agreed with Ti.

"Oh come on, hook me up with somebody like DeVanté's age," Bria smirked and wiggled her eyebrows at me.

I playfully rolled my eyes. "Well, DeVanté is a twenty three year old man with bills, babies, and baby mamas."

"And who has the time to deal with that?" Tionne asked. "Nobody with a life."

I chuckled. Bria's a beautiful girl, very attractive. She's young and full of life, almost the complete opposite from me. While she likes partying and the fast life, much like Tionne, I prefer staying indoors and being away from the unnecessary drama.

"Don't be trying to get with any of these older men, Bri. Remember, you're still seventeen. They'll get you caught up in some serious mess," I spoke from experience.

"Look at you tryna be somebody's mama," Tionne joked.

"Right," Bria laughed with her.

I laughed. "I'm so serious though. Older guys may be fine and all, especially compared to boys our age, but they're only trouble."

The sound of everyone's hollering and cheering and a crowd of people walking towards the staircase caught my attention.

"Oh my God, girl! Here they come!" Bria yelled as Dalvin, K-Ci, DeVanté, JoJo and some other people walked down the steps and into the room.

"Damn they're even finer in person," Bria said.

Andre Harrell walked to where the DJ was and grabbed the microphone from him. "What's up everybody," he said. "The boys put a lot of time, hard work and energy into this album and I just want to thank everybody for coming out to support them."

"Now let's start partying and get loose!" Dalvin somewhat interrupted Andre causing everyone to start cheering.

"He need to shut his pit bull looking ass up," I heard Tionne mumble. I chuckled. She knows she's going to be cuddled up with him later on.

"I take back everything I said about you being with a pervert," Bria said. "You one lucky ass bitch."

I gave her the side eye, praying she won't be another Tori. I know Bria though, she wouldn't do me dirty like that fake piece of trash did.