Chapter 23 | WTF

It was the beginning of August. I had about four weeks left to stay with Tionne, until it was time for me to move into my dorm for the upcoming school year. My mind was panicking, worried about how I would manage being pregnant and having a baby while in college. Time was wounding down, and I needed to tell DeVanté soon.

The day after I told Static about me being pregnant, DeVanté called and asked me to come stay with him again. Of course, I did.

Morgan

I laid down on DeVanté's bed, watching TV. DeVanté was in his studio, per usual. The thing with him is, he's either at the studio of the record company, or in the studio of his home. No matter where DeVanté was, he found a way to work on music. The amount of dedication he put into his career was pretty inspiring to me, but he wasn't giving me the attention he normally did.

Sure, I appreciated him giving me space instead of smothering me, monitoring my every move. At the same time though, I missed the attention. How could I tell him about our baby, if he was barely even talking to me? I wasn't sure if he had been taking his medications or not, but I knew that his attitude was not stable enough to handle such news. There was no telling what he would do!

I sat up and let my legs hang on the side of the bed. I looked down at the floor, thinking about what I would do. "Morgan." My head shot up and I looked at the door where someone was standing. Who was standing there? Only one person, I'm sure you know who.

"Huh?"

His hazel eyes looked at me weirdly. "You sick or something?"

"No, I'm okay," I said. "... Why'd you ask that?"

"Cause it's almost three o'clock and you been in this bed all day." This was a little weird to me, considering the fact that DeVanté hadn't been talking to me much, let alone showing concern for me whatsoever.

I gave a nervous smile. "I'm fine."

He raised his right eyebrow and walked closer to me, not taking his eyes away from mine.

Oh lord, the eyes.

He put the back of his hand against my forehead, then moved it to my cheek. "You feel a little hot."

"I said I'm fine DeVanté, alright?"

He took his hand off of my face and sucked his teeth. "Man, what's with the attitude? I just came in here to see about ya' ass."

"What do you mean what's with the attitude? You haven't been 'seeing' about me, so why do you feel the need to 'see' about me now?" I said, using air-quotes.

"See, now you just being ungrateful."

I closed my eyes and sighed. How was I being ungrateful? I was just confused and worried. "I'm just... I don't know."

"You just...dramatic," he said. I looked at him and he had a serious facial expression.

Hypocritical ass...

I shook my head and got up from the bed, walking passed him to exit his room. He didn't even ask me where I was going. Instead, he followed me into the kitchen where I poured me a glass of water.

As I took a drink from my cup, I could see him from the corner of my eye, watching me like the weirdo he was. "What are you looking at?"

"You."

"And why are you looking at me," I asked him, putting the same amount of emphasis on my last word as he did.

"You look...," he started to say, perhaps he was trying to come up with a way to put his words.

I slightly rolled my eyes and took a sip of my water, before walking back upstairs to his room. He followed me, of course. "I look what, DeVanté?"

"I don't know," he said, "different."

Shit.

DeVanté

Morgan had been acting different lately, and something about her was off to me. It wasn't her weight, her hair was the same, and her face was still pretty. It was just her vibe, the way her attitude was towards me. I didn't like it.

"I look what, DeVanté," she asked me while we walked up the stairs.

I shrugged my shoulders while following her. "I don't know, different."

Morgan stopped walking for a brief second, then turned around to look at me. "Different how?"

"I don't know Morgan, damn. Just different."

She gave me a stank look before opening the door to my room. She sat her glass of water down on my dresser and started walking into my bathroom.

"Aye," I said to her before she slammed the bathroom door in my face.

"Leave me alone," I heard her say lowly.

"Hell nah, now tell me what the fuck your problem is." She didn't say nothing. I jiggled the door knob, trying to open it, but it was locked. "Morgan!"

I could hear her breathing funny on the other side of the door, she sounded like she was crying. I was getting irritated and fed up with her attitude, but I calmed myself down.

Oh my fuckin' goodness, this girl...

I sighed. "Baby, I know I be trippin' and I haven't really been here for you lately, but I'm tryin' to be here for you right now. I want to make you feel better, just open the door for me."

I heard her sniff. "DeVanté, I'm scared."

"Don't be scared of me..."

She unlocked and opened the door. "I'm not," she said with her head down.

"Then what is it? Come on now, talk to Daddy." I smirked at my attempt to lighten her up, but that smirk quickly went away at what she said next.

She looked up at me, her eyes were glossy and red. "You're gonna be a daddy for real soon," she said.

I cocked my head back in confusion. I knew she couldn't have been saying what it sounded like. "What you mean?"

A tear ran down her face, but she quickly wiped it away and yelled, "DeVanté, I'm pregnant!"

"Morgan, what the fuck?"

So, she finally told him. What do y'all think is going to happen next? 👀

Vote
Comment

Thanks for reading!