Chapter 11 | Injured

Morgan

"I saw Tevin again, yesterday. He asked about you," Bria nudged me while wiggling her eyebrows.

I playfully rolled my eyes, "So?"

"Don't front, Mo!"

"How am I fronting?" I asked in defense. "And can you get off of me?"

She was laying her legs across my lap, knowing I hate when she does that.

She stale faced me. "Anyway, he told me to give you his number," she gave me a piece of paper, "and to call him because he wants to talk to you."

I looked at the piece of paper with his number on it.

Tevin wants to "talk" to me?

"I doubt I'll be needing this," I said while throwing his number on the ground.

"Y'all would be so cute, you need to call him,"

I smirked.

Tevin got a cute thing going or whatever, but us being cute? I don't know about all of that.

I noticed her staring at me, like she was observing me for a moment. I gave her the stink face.

"What?" I asked.

"You're just pretty," she pinched my cheek.

I side eyed her, "Stop being gay."

She laughed, "Gay? Never that. Anyway, you still with that man or whatever?"

"What man?" I asked, already knowing she was referring to DeVanté.

She smacked her lips, "You know what man I'm talking about, twenty one year old."

She still doesn't know DeVanté, from Jodeci, is the guy I was with. I want to tell her so she'd get off my back about being with a "grown man" and stop bugging me about it. Then again, I don't want to tell her because there's really no reason to, since we're not together anymore. She probably wouldn't believe me anyway.

"No, I'm not with him anymore. Why?"

"Just asking," she shrugged. "I find it weird that you won't tell nobody who he is."

"Aunt Gayle knows, you just don't."

"And why not?" she snatched the magazine that I was looking through out of my hand. "Look me in the eyeballs, Mo."

I rolled my eyes and looked at her.

"Now tell me who the old man is."

"Twenty-three ain't even old. Why do you even care to know?" I asked, snatching the magazine back.

She put her head on my shoulder. "Becaaauuuseee. I'm gone kill myself if you don't tell me, bitch," she whined.

I pushed her off of me, "Good for you."

"Fuck you," she folded her arms and sat against the headboard.

"You can exit my house."

She rolled her eyes.

DeVanté

"Okay, Mr. DeGrate," the doctor said as he walked in. "That right arm is fractured pretty badly. Luckily, there wasn't any major harm done, though."

My arm is fractured and it hurts to move it. How is that not major? I'm a musician and without being able to use my arm, how the hell am I supposed to make music? That sounds pretty major to me.

"Is there anything you need?" he asked me.

I stared at the TV, not in the mood to talk.

"No, he's fine. Thank you so much," Mama smiled.

Dalvin nodded his head in agreeement, "Yeah, 'preciate it."

"Sure thing," the doctor said before leaving.

Mama let out a breath and looked at me, "He's right about you being lucky, Donald. You could've been killed."

I didn't say nothing.

"You said daddy didn't come cause of what?" Dalvin asked.

"He had to work," Mama told him. "And it's his lunch break, so I'm gonna go take his food to him right quick," she said as she stood up.

She gave me a kiss on the forehead, "I'll be back later."

"You can take him with you," I said.

Dalvin smacked his lips, "I ain't going nowhere."

"Y'all stop," Mama said before leaving.

I moved my arm and groaned, clenching my jaw.

"Dumbass, you knew that was gonna hurt."

"Dalvin, can you please shut the fuck up?" I mugged him. He gets on my fucking nerves.

"Yeah, I can. I just don't want to," he said smartly.

"You should've went with Mama."

Younger siblings man.

I'm surprised I didn't go into a coma from this. How the fuck I go into a coma from overdosing and not from getting beaten nearly to death anyway? Mad is an understatement. I was robbed and got my ass beat in my own damn house for no reason. I'm infuriated!

The niggas who did this better not let me find out who they are, they'll regret the day they ever thought about messing with DeVanté Swing.

Vote
Comment

Thanks for reading!