Chapter 9 | Confused

DeVanté

Before she could get in her car I quickly went outside.

"Morgan, wait!"

She let out a loud sigh. "WHAT?"

It took everything in me not to do something I'd regret. She didn't have to get a attitude. 😐

I clenched my jaw. "This shit getting old Morgan and you know it."

Her face started getting red. Was I really pissing her off that damn bad? Well at least she know how mad she makes me.

"DeVanté..." She said calmly. "Just leave me alone, okay?"

"No, I won't."

She opened her car door.

"You act like I treated you that bad! What did I do so wrong that you just can't give me another chance?" I yelled.

She stopped and looked at me. She closed the car door and walked up to me, getting in my face.

"You got not one, but two girls pregnant! And one was my so called best friend!" She yelled. I could see tears in her eyes. "That hurt me... Not only that, but you're crazy! You tried to hit me several time! Let's not forget about the time you basically kidnapped me!"

I didn't say nothing back. This is dumb and childish, it's not like I killed her. She really making everything a bigger deal than it has to be.

"Just leave me alone." She cried.

I just nodded. "Okay."

She got in her car and left me.

Mad as hell, I went back inside my house and sat down on the couch.

I felt like crying, but hell nah. Fuck that shit. I'm DeVanté mf Swing. I can have any female I want. Morgan won't give me another chance, so fuck it. I'll just do me now.

Morgan

Why did I do that? Why didn't I hear him out? Why did I leave instead of talking to him? Why?

DeVanté knows I'll always have a soft spot for him, always. Do I feel bad for keeping him in the friend zone? A little bit, but that's just the way it has to be for now. Yes, he's been acting a lot better. I'm just scared to put myself in that predicament again.

One minute, I wish we were together. The next minute, I want nothing to do with DeVanté and that's usually when I say hurtful things to him. I confuse my own self.

Ugh!

Aunt Gayle and I are leaving later on today and I honestly can't wait. Being around DeVanté is just too much.

"What time are we leaving?" I asked Aunt Gayle, who was lying down on the couch watching TV.

"Our flight leave at 6:15, so we got about two hours."

"Okay." I said. "I'm fixing to go to the mall and return these shoes I got the other day."

She nodded and I went outside to the car. I started the engine and made my way to the mall. I've been going to the mall by myself quite often lately. Oh well, guess that's how it is when you barely fool with anyone.

Can We Talk by Tevin Campbell blared through the speakers. It's weird because Bria called me last night saying she saw Tevin and he asked about me.

Once I made it to the mall, I got out with the box of shoes. I walked inside the mall and straight to the store I got them from.

"Hey, I'd like to return these." I sad while sitting the shoes on the counter.

"Do you have a receipt?"

I gave him the receipt and he examined it before typing something in be computer. After him asking all types of questions before actually giving me my money back, I went to the food court. I got some food and sat down at an empty table.

DeVanté saying he can't be just friends really got me thinking. I expected this, though. I mean, we didn't exactly come to the conclusion of a break up. I basically just told him I couldn't do it and left him.

*Sigh*

It would be nice to be able to call DeVanté mine... I just don't know.

Unknown

"So who's gonna call him?"

"You." I said.

"Why me?"

"Cause you're supposedly the good baby mama. He won't want to talk to me." I said.

"Oh yeah... That's true."

"We need to get on with this plan and soon." I said.

She nodded in agreement.

The thought if this plan made me grin.

______________________________________

So does Morgan want DeVanté or no? 😕

Vote
Comment

Thanks for reading!