Chapter 14 | Invitation

Morgan

"So when you gone stop playing and get with a real one?"

I playfully rolled my eyes and smiled.

"Mo, get off that phone and come eat!" Aunt Gayle yelled from downstairs.

"Tevin, I have to go."

I heard him smack his lips on the other end of the phone. "Call me later on," he said.

"Okay, talk to you later."

"Bye," he said before we hung up. Yes, I decided to use his number after all. He's pretty cool. Well, he's not DeVanté. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not though.

I went downstairs to the kitchen and fixed me a plate of food before sitting down at the table with Aunt Gayle. "Tionne called earlier for you while you were at Bria's house. She said to call her."

"For what?" I asked.

"She just said she wants you to come stay with her for a little while and to call her."

"And you would let me stay with her?" I raised an eyebrow. Aunt Gayle usually hates for me to stay with Tionne, especially after she found out about me and DeVanté.

"No, I don't mind," she said lowly. "I used to didn't like it because you were too young to be out, doing the things she does, like partying and all of that." I nodded my head in understanding. "You're grown now, though. You can handle yourself."

Good because I have graduated high school and I am old enough to be on my own.

We finished eating dinner. I cleaned the dishes and went back upstairs to my room to call Tionne.

Three Days Later

"I can't believe I'm actually about to be in the presence of T-Boz," Bria semi whispered to me as our airplane landed. I asked Tionne if she could come along with me, just to make it even more fun.

We walked to our section of the airport where I spotted Tionne sitting down waiting for us. Bria gasped at the sight of her. "Don't be acting crazy like you did that time with Tevin, 'cause Tionne will get on your head and make fun of you."

She looked at me and nodded. "Okay."

We went over to Ti and she looked up at us, noticing our presence. "Cousin!" she yelled, giving me a wide grin with her arms out for a hug.

I laughed and gave her a hug. I looked at Bria who's mouth was slightly open as she stared at Tionne in disbelief. "Well, this is Bria. Bria, you already know who this is."

"H-Hey," she stuttered. "You're even prettier up close."

Bitch. 🤦🏽‍♀️

Tionne chuckled at Bria's stuttering and shocked facial expression. "Thanks girl, you're pretty too," she said.

Bria smiled. "Thank you."

"I am so glad y'all came," Tionne said as she helped Bria and I put our bags in the car.

"I am too hell. It be so damn boring at the house," I spoke.

She gave me a look. "In LA? Nah, your lame ass just don't know how to have fun."

Bria let out a laugh. I playfully rolled my eyes. The drive to Tionne's house wasn't too long, about thirty minutes or so. Once we pulled into her driveway, we got our bags and got out of the car. After Bria and I put our things away, we all went into the living room.

"So," Ti said as the three of us sat down on the couch. "It's this party tomorrow night and I was wondering if y'all wanted to come."

"A party? Who's hosting it?" I asked.

She gave me a smirk. "Jodeci, it's a album release party."

Bria loudly gasped, causing me to hit her on her chest. "Ow!" she yelled.

"Now Ti, I don't know about that," I said.

Ti smacked her lips. "Why the fuck not? You know you want to see your man."

"And who is my man?"

She gave me a stale face. "Mo, if you don't quit. You know who I'm talking about," she said. I glanced at Bria who was looking at me with a raised eyebrow, waiting for my response. "Oh yeah, Bria. In case you're confused, her man is DeVanté Swing," Tionne informed her with a smirk.

Bria gasped again and held her chest as she looked at me in shock. "Bitch, why the fuck you didn't tell me?" I rolled my eyes and shrugged my shoulders.

Okay, I seriously need to stop rolling my eyes so damn much.

"I don't know if I'm going or not. You can if you want to, Bri."

"Shid, you already know I'm going," she said.

"Okay," Tionne said in agreement as they both laughed.

I really don't know if I'm going to go or not, there's just no place for me there. Besides, I barely like parties. Now as for seeing DeVanté, I wouldn't mind. I'm not even going to lie about that.

"I might go," I said.

I know this chapter was.. eh. 😬🤷🏽‍♀️ But the next chapter will be better so stay tuned. 😎

Vote
Comment

Thanks for reading!