Chapter 13 - Baby Names

I woke up with my arm wrapped around Ian's chest. My head laying in the crook of his neck. I could hear his heart beating. It was a smooth, steady pace, and I soon felt my eyes close again. Sleeping to the sound of his heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I woke up the aroma of chinese food filled the house. I looked at the clock. 10:30am. Why chinese food?

I walked into the kitchen, and watched as Ian spooned some of my favourite chinese food onto a plate. He smiled looking at the plate of food.

"He's going to love this" Ian smiled making sure everything on the plate was perfect. Still not realizing that I was standing right behind him.

Ian turned around and saw me standing there. She jumped back, startled from my presence. He blushed handing me the plate of chinese food. I took it from him and kissed his forehead. I still didn't know when we were having our first kiss, but I had a pretty good idea where and when it was going to happen. (where do guys think it's going to be?!?!? I'm going to give you a hint. It's tall, and is really pretty at night).

"Hey Ian, do you want to go into the Hospital today and see the baby girl?" I asked him, still chewing some of the noodles.

"First of all, don't talk with food in your mouth. I don't want a ratchet boyfriend. Second, that sounds great. But I think we should name her. Even if she doesn't live. She deserves a name." Ian smiled after he said boyfriend. I smiled too.

"I think that's perfect Ian, what do want to name her?" I asked him.

"I don't want to name her after Melanie. Not after what she did to me. Do you have anything?" I totally understood.

"I'm not sure. I think she deseveres a delicate name, a beautiful, gracful name." I told him.

"That's a really good idea Anthony!"

We sat on the couch for a bit watching a random movie off of netflix. When I finally had the perfect name!

"I have the perfect idea for her name Ian!" I burst out, startling Ian from his daydream.

"AHHHHHH!!!!! What is it man?!?!?!" Ian was super excited.

"Arabella!! I remember when we were kids and we talked about the future, you said you wanted to have a baby girl, so you could name her Arabella." I saw a glint in Ian's eyes. He then started to cry.

"Anthony.............you remembeer that. We were just kids. It's beautiful." Ian hugged me tightly, sobbing into my shirt.

"Ian, do you think It's time we go to the Hospital." I rubbed his back. Hugging him even tighter than he was holding me.

"I'm ready Anthony." Ian dried his tears, getting up. I grabbed his hand.

"I hope she lives to enjoy her beautiful name. And get to know her amazing father." I smiled up at him.

"FatherS" Ian over exaggerated the S.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived at the hospital. I grabbed Ian's hand off of the center consal. He was nervous. I could tell because his palms were sweaty.

"Are you okay about this Ian? I mean if you're not, than we can go back home." I wanted to make sure that Ian really wanted to do this.

"I'm sure Anthony. I want to see her at least once. Just....incase." He paused. Swallowing hard.

"Ian, you said it yourself. She's a fighter." I squeezed his hand, he looked up at me and smiled.

"Thank you Anthony" And we opened the car doors to go inside the hospital.